Ivybridge-E (2011 socket)

that is a beast of case :D

Yeah I'm going for a floor-standing system this time mate as my desk doesn't leave me much room with everything that's on it. I'll finally be able to take my NAS and router off my speaker lol. :rotfl:

The price is beastly as well

Not really mate as a top-end Lian-Li or TJ11 can cost around the same. If anything, it will be the import tax that bumps up the price. Shame there aren't any UK dealers.

Nice case and a perfect layout for water. I like the tx10 but its not really practical to have in the lounge. :D

Project Thief - CaseLabs TX10-D Dual Workstation/Gaming Build - Gulftown and SB-E

Oh my god :rotfl:, i could live inside that thing

Cheers Theydon. I particularly like the fact you have to build it yourself, although I can see tears being shed when it looks nothing like the picture lol. :laugh:

Yeah that really appeals to me as well, the fact theyre so modular i can get it set up just how i want it.

I had never heard of them until you/Razor mentioned them.....do they do a mini version for normal people? :rotfl:

Nice case and a perfect layout for water. I like the tx10 but its not really practical to have in the lounge. :D

Project Thief - CaseLabs TX10-D Dual Workstation/Gaming Build - Gulftown and SB-E

It certainly would be a waste if you didn't have water cooling in something that size mate. I can't see mine being as elaborate as the Project Thief rig (no time or patience lol) but I've got a few ideas in mind as to what I'd like to end up with. Hopefully it won't be too long. :D

Oh my god :rotfl:, i could live inside that

As a landlord I would install a pc on one side and rent out the other side to cover my cost. :D

It certainly would be a waste if you didn't have water cooling in something that size mate. I can't see mine being as elaborate as the Project Thief rig (no time or patience lol) but I've got a few ideas in mind as to what I'd like to end up with. Hopefully it won't be too long. :D

We will all be expecting pics posted when its all done. :smashin:

which model are you thinking? They look so good, like in a different league to anything else ive seen.

It's Boltlock so probably the most expensive :D

I can't wait until I have as much disposable income as Boltlock! :laugh:

I think I am going to go for a haswell build. 1.4v for 4.6ghz isn't that impressive and 2011 will be a dead socket by this time next year. We will also be having 8 cores this time next year along with ddr4 and pcie express which I will more than likely jump on.

I've decided to give all of them a miss for now. Other then just having a 'new' toy to play with I don't really see any benefits over what I have. The way I'm seeing it now is if you already have a decent CPU you may as well wait until the 8 core is around.

A large part of me agrees with you. Your CPU isn't holding you back and you can play all the current games with no issues.

Intel really has shown that they aren't interested in the enthusiast market at the moment which is a big shame and the whole ivy-e approach has been lacklustre. 18 months behind the 1155 release, average at best overclocking and no new chipset. What reason is there to upgrade to ivy-e if you have a 1155 or 2011 sandy setup unless you really need the extra cores.

A large part of me agrees with you. Your CPU isn't holding you back and you can play all the current games with no issues.

Intel really has shown that they aren't interested in the enthusiast market at the moment which is a big shame and the whole ivy-e approach has been lacklustre. 18 months behind the 1155 release, average at best overclocking and no new chipset. What reason is there to upgrade to ivy-e if you have a 1155 or 2011 sandy setup unless you really need the extra cores.

Yep, bang on. Its a sad reflection of the whole state of the market at the moment regarding CPU/GPU. I cant see anything changing either so I guess we will have to get used to it.

Really, if you have a Sandy/Ivy, there's not much need to upgrade. Even people with the older i5/i7-LGA1366 don't really need to upgrade.

If you're running a 'Core2Quad', then yeah. An upgrade to Ivy-E will be hugely advantageous, but not for 'us' (enthusiasts/gamers, who are usually at some form of technology forefront).

I will read that in the morning and decide what im going to do, now im unsure :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom