I've Suddenly Lost All My Apps & Music

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just going through the various motions of setting up my i4 and I've noticed that Navigon is now missing from my list of apps to sync. :confused:

I've checked my receipt and I definately didn't imagine it, I definately purchased it and the email receipt from "iTunes Store" is dated 30/06/09.

I'd like to put it on my i4, but what can I do?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I just found this link: How to redownload purchased apps from the App Store

Which says:

There may be times when you accidentally delete a purchased app before you get a chance to back up your purchases. Just follow the simple steps outlined below to redownload your App Store purchases.

It goes on to tell you to click Purchase" on the app and confirm that, after which you will get a "You have already purchased this item. To download it again for free click OK".

What concerns me is that the app on the App Store now for the UK is £19.99 (I paid £37.99 for mine) and I'm worried that by clicking "Buy" I will just purchase it at £19.99. :facepalm:

I know that feeling - I did the same thing when I first started buying apps, although the one that failed for me was not £20 :D I email customer service and they told me the same thing, click to download it again - it will tell you you have purchased it.

Just make sure its the same thing and has not been renamed which would cause it to be classed as a different app.

I know that feeling - I did the same thing when I first started buying apps, although the one that failed for me was not £20 :D I email customer service and they told me the same thing, click to download it again - it will tell you you have purchased it.

Just make sure its the same thing and has not been renamed which would cause it to be classed as a different app.

The receipt says:

1 MobileNavigator British Isles, v1.0.0, Seller: NAVIGON AG £37.99

iTunes now says:

NAVIGON MobileNavigator British Isles By NAVIGON AG

And is now on v 1.5.

I did contact Apple about this on Friday, but I haven't heard back from them. :thumbsdow

Just purchase it and if they charge you again then report it as a problem, thats exactly what they will tell you to do.

Just buy it, it will be fine :)

Ok, I was brave and it all worked fine! :clap:

However........ :rolleyes:

Now I've got no apps to sync.... :eek:

I clicked back on my iPhone in the left pane, went to apps and there are now none there and of course when I tick "Sync Apps" iTunes tells me it will wipe what's on there (all of my apps) and put on the apps from iTunes (nothing except Navigon!). :eek:

i4apps-1.png

As you can see on the right, there are apps on my phone and these have been set up and sync'd by iTunes on this one and only PC. :confused:

Why are there suddenly no apps in my list?

Just for clarity, this isn't being caused by the fact that "Sync Apps" is unticked. That's just how it appears initially when I click on "Apps" along the Summary tab, but if I do tick it I get the message asking me if I want to erase the iPod and sync with the apps listed (Navigon). :confused:

I used to have a long list of apps and they are on the phone now and they only got there by syncing to this iTunes.

Having said that, the other day (just prior to picking up my i4,) I sync'd my 3G iPhone and then right clicked it in iTunes and selected "Transfer Purchases".

Could that have anything to do with this?

If it helps, I've just connected the 3G and I get the same issue (no apps showing in iTunes-except Navigon which I got this morning!).

Help! :lease:

So here's the weirdest part....

I've just restarted my PC and now everything is missing from iTunes. :eek:

No music, no playlists, no iPhone (it is/was connected and charging when I took this screenshot)....

ituneswtf.png

What the hell is going on?

I'm sure I've been here before and ended up copying something over that duplicated everything and I ended up with 44 gig of music instead of 22! :thumbsdow

I do take backups of the iTunes folder and the iTunes Library:

D:\iTunes & C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes.

HELP. :lease:

Last edited:
i imagine its your computer playing up.

try a chkdsk or restoring your libaray,

have you found the apps on your computer?

they are located inside your itunes library under itunes media, mobile applications.

i imagine its your computer playing up.

try a chkdsk or restoring your libaray,

have you found the apps on your computer?

they are located inside your itunes library under itunes media, mobile applications.

Yep, they're all still there..... :confused:

What's the best way to restore them, what file type am I looking for?

Ta.

Go to file -> add folder to library

Then go to here and add the iTunes media folder (C drive if that is where iTunes is installed)

3278236d79719340377601befc16e2a0.png

Neither of which have an iTunes Media folder =p

Go to
335ae2fa4cd9ed5f5c36a8b7bdd12c05.png

and select that media folder.

In itunes go to preferences/advanced and check what your itunes media location is set to. Change it to the your folder C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes.

You presumably have never used the advanced itunes option to organise your media and so don't have a media folder.

In itunes go to preferences/advanced and check what your itunes media location is set to. Change it to the your folder C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes.

It shows D:>iTunes, as that is the folder that has all my music in it-have got that totally arse about face? :eek:

You presumably have never used the advanced itunes option to organise your media and so don't have a media folder.

But I've been using this PC and this install of iTunes for yonks....
  • My new iPhone has been fine since I got it on Thursday and all the apps that are on on came from being sync'd with this iTunes.
  • My iPhone 3G was sync'd just before I left for the Apple store on Thursday and all the apps are still on there fine.
  • my iPad has pretty much the same apps and they have only come from syncing it on this pc with this install of iTunes.

I am totally :confused:

[Edit] - Pic:

Preferences.png

Last edited:
So whats in the C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes folder you mentioned earlier. Are you sure that D:\itunes isn't just the location of the program files and your data is in C:\Users\Me\Music\iTunes?

What is the exact path to your music?

I noticed you haven't got the keep itunes folder organised ticked and this will be the reason you don't have a media folder. It's personal preference and doesn't matter, but just wanted to mention it before you go off on a wild goose chase looking for a media folder.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom