• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I've ordered my 40" lcd - now what to expect

mickrick

Banned
I've gone ahead and ordered the Samsung LE40R73BD from Dixons online. I ended up paying £1003 after discounts and 10% cashback through egg. It's down for delivery on Tuesday next week and I can't wait. I just don't know what to expect and I never thought I'd get to own something so cool. And to top it all, I came home from work to find 2 free tickets to an advance screening of Cars next Tuesday evening. Guess who is doing the lottery this weekend?

Now I need an Xbox HD cable, component cables, HDMI dvd player (or could I use VGA output on my laptop?), some 1080i source material. God, I'm excited.

DanVJ

Established Member
mickrick said:
I've gone ahead and ordered the Samsung LE40R73BD from Dixons online. I ended up paying £1003 after discounts and 10% cashback through egg. It's down for delivery on Tuesday next week and I can't wait. I just don't know what to expect and I never thought I'd get to own something so cool. And to top it all, I came home from work to find 2 free tickets to an advance screening of Cars next Tuesday evening. Guess who is doing the lottery this weekend?

Now I need an Xbox HD cable, component cables, HDMI dvd player (or could I use VGA output on my laptop?), some 1080i source material. God, I'm excited.

Just as long as you don't expect to be watching dark movies in a dark living room, you'll be fine... :)

seafoodmix

Standard Member
DanDT said:
Just as long as you don't expect to be watching dark movies in a dark living room, you'll be fine... :)

thinking of getting a large lcd myself is there any chance of explaining what you mean

mickrick

Banned
He's referring to the fact that lcd tv's are backlit and so are never really able to produce a "true" black. So a lot of people recommend having a bit of ambient lighting when watching in a darkened room, to counteract the backlit picture.

And you know what? this doesn't put me off one bit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom