I've made a tool that you guys might find helpful!

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Hi guys, I'm a CS student from Scotland and I've made a VR headset comparison site! You can use it to view the specs of any headset and make comparisons between headsets. I'd really appreciate if you guys could give it a go and tell me what you think, it's called VRcompare. Thanks :) VRcompare - Compare VR Headset Specs, Prices, and Reviews
Excellent and almost comprehensive.

Can i suggest you should also add a further spec field for display matrix type, ie Pentile (2 sub pixel) or RGB (3 sub pixel).

Stating OLED or LCD doesn't actually suggest the sub pixel count as
Playstation VR uniquely delivers an OLED screen with RGB 3 sub pixel count, and thus reducing screen door effect considerably more than same gen headsets such as HTC vive and occulus Rift despite their higher resolution OLED displays.

Also correction on controllers for Psvr: add Ps4 Dualshock controller and Aim Controller. All have 6DOF tracking. I think most games actually use dualshock as primary as its native to a PS4. Move controllers and Aim are additional support in many games.

Another couple of important fields to add would be the number of exclusives (at time of update) and game store access (eg oculus store, ps store, steam vr etc) .

For many, content rules over specs.

Great work.

Last edited:

Atmos

Hi guys, I'm a CS student from Scotland and I've made a VR headset comparison site! You can use it to view the specs of any headset and make comparisons between headsets. I'd really appreciate if you guys could give it a go and tell me what you think, it's called VRcompare. Thanks :) VRcompare - Compare VR Headset Specs, Prices, and Reviews
Nice idea but the very first headset I opened - Pimax Artisan said it was an inside out headset? I think it uses valves outside in lighthouses. I would go over every headset again because this whole website is based on accurate detail. I would also question the refresh rate and FOV. Some headsets periodic firmware updates and your site could be outdated very quickly unless you’re prepared to keep on top of every manufacturer.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom