• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I've just joined the YLOD club :( Any advice for what to do next please?

mcclane22

Established Member
Well as the title says. I had just put in Gran Turismo 5 and watched the intro and then the famous YLOD happened :mad:

mcclane22

Established Member

mcclane22

Established Member
Replace with a slim would be my advice.[

Is the slim not affected by the YLOD then?

Oh and looking at your AVF profile pic, that's the game that is stuck in it and I did'nt even get to play it :thumbsdow

Moolers

Established Member
I have not heard of Slims getting YLOD, but the Phats are more or less guaranteed to go belly up at some stage, some YLOD and some with faulty lasers.

Three of my mates are on there third and a few more on the second console.

gregster10217

Established Member
Have a read of this link from the forum. Follow the steps and send a letter, along with damage report, to your retailer's head office and hope they will see the light and replace (or at least repair) under Sale of Goods Act.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-hardware/1297380-ylod-taking-retailer.html

Page 2 will probably help more, but have a read through the whole thing so you know what you're doing/talking about against the retailer. Oh, and make sure you've got the original receipt or your out of luck.

Andris L

Prominent Member
As per the above start writing a letter to a retailer you bought your console from and ask them to replace it under SOGA.

Oh, and make sure you've got the original receipt or your out of luck.

Not true, bank or CC statement also would be sufficient ;).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom