I've just come back from a walking 'holiday' (20 pics in total so Image Heavy, sorry)

TimSummers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just come back from a bit of trekking up Mt Kilimanjaro, where I took some pictures that I hope you don't mind me sharing with you.

Unfortunately I didn't take my DSLR and glass with me as I'd have been forever worrying and 'faffing' around, and also I was concious about weight issues. Anyway, I did have my trusty Samsung WB600 in hand, and managed to get a handful of semi-decent shots (maybe)

Hopefully they'll be of suitable quality to publicly show on this forum, even though I know that they are not up to the high standard of some of the pics people generally show here.

#1) This first picture was actually taken from the window of the aeroplane as we flew around the mountain from Nairobi - this was also the first time that I kind of doubted the reasons why I was doing this.

1.jpg

#2) I managed to snap this, whilst moving out of our minibus window on the way to the start point.

2d.jpg

#3) This one is another of the mountain as we stopped for a toilet break on the way.

4.jpg

#4) A couple of little toe-rags that followed us at the start asking for biscuits.

12.jpg

#5) This was the view from my tent as I woke up on my first morning.

14.jpg

#6) Another 'nice' view of the mountain in the morning.

18.jpg

#7) This was taken much higher up, I like this picture as the clouds are just rolling in and it looks a bit different.

35.jpg

#8) General view

37.jpg

#9) Another of the clouds coming in, I unintentionally captured someone in the bottom left corner of this picture. I believe that is give a good idea of the scale (?)

38.jpg

#10) The obligatory 'sun set' picture. It's pretty boring and I'm a little disappointed that I didn't do anything different, but the Mrs seems to like it anyway.

43.jpg

#11) I tried to get down low for this picture. I didn't want to have the standard eye-level view for all the pics. I think that it came out pretty well.

48.jpg

#12) Us walking - I'm not sure why I like this picture, it's just something pulls me towards it. Maybe simply because it's not square and at a slight angle.

48a.jpg

#13) Suppose this is just a boring photo, but at 15,520ft. It's actually a hut where people stay before they attempt to summit. I incidentally stayed in a tent the whole way, no luxury for me.

52.jpg

#14) The 'I finally made it to the summit' 19,340ft. I don't think that I was all there mentally at that point. Actually, I didn't take this photo so slate it all you like.

56.jpg

#15) Looking back from the summit, looking down on the clouds below and the glaciers to the right.

59.jpg

#16) A view from the crater rim looking back where we had just walked from

63.jpg

#17) Some weird trees that started to appear as we were making our way down the south side.

68.jpg

#18) Another 'scenic' shot, I liked this one as we were still reasonably high and you can see some other mountains just poking through the clouds in the distance.

76.jpg

#19) A random bridge

81.jpg

#20) The best beer ever !

90.jpg

All in all a totally fantastic trip, which I obtained my ultimate goal, which was to personally raised £4000 for Marie Curie Cancer Care and summit that god damn mountain !

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Regards

Last edited:
Great set - some really nice photographs.

Especially like 6, 11 12 and 16.

Excellent stuff :thumbsup:

Great pics, great cause. Well done.

Great pics, great cause. Well done.

+1... Excellent work... both pictorially and raising the funds for the charity.. :thumbsup:

Raj

Nice set.....although the 'Toe Rags' comment in #4 I found a tad distasteful.

Very nice set indeed - 5,11,12,16,17,19 for me :smashin:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom