I've joined the HD-A1 club

Spoonhead

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order with Movietyme for the HD-A1. Should be here next week, but I can wait :D

Agreed with the wife that if we ordered she could pick the films. She chose:

Chronicles of Riddick
Constantine
Doom
The Last Samurai
Serenity
Sleepy Hollow
Van Helsing

Has she made a good choice? :D

Hopefully future releases will be less back catalogue and more new releases. I can see e-bay being flooded with my old DVD titles soon.

Happy Days

gazzared_typer said:
Just placed my order with Movietyme for the HD-A1. Should be here next week, but I can wait :D

Chronicles of Riddick
Constantine
Doom
The Last Samurai
Serenity
Sleepy Hollow
Van Helsing

Hopefully future releases will be less back catalogue and more new releases. I can see e-bay being flooded with my old DVD titles soon.

Happy Days

Well i'd agree with Serenity, and maybe Chronicles of Riddick (if it's Pitch Black, not the sequel)... As for the rest... :D

Depends on your taste eh? I personally want much more back catalogue stuff. New films are bound to come out on HD-DVD, it's the old stuff that needs to be sped up!

Constantine & The Last Samurai both look outstanding and aren't bad films,i think she's made an excellent choice.:D

gazzared_typer said:
Just placed my order with Movietyme for the HD-A1.

How did you order m8? I've PM'd Craig twice on here and emailed through Movietyme's website as well but no reply yet?

Did you have to add everything to your cart on Movietyme site and then he discounts it after or what's the way to do it?

Paul.

Thanks Gazza - have just emailed him - didn't want to just go ahead and order in case there were any problems.

Fingers crossed will hear back soon!

Paulleahey said:
Thanks Gazza - have just emailed him - didn't want to just go ahead and order in case there were any problems.

Fingers crossed will hear back soon!

Paul,you won't regret it m8.
THFCCAMBS.:D

Just out of interest, are people still importing players this close to the Uk release of the 1.5G player because they;

a) - can't wait any longer
b) - don't buy Pal / R2 DVD's
c) - no HD-DVD region coding
d) - other

Cheers

Rooster-X

can't wait any longer - Yes
Don't buy Pal / R2 DVD's - I've got hundred of R2 DVD, but have a 360 that I can play / upscale them through.
no HD-DVD region coding - eternally hopeful, if there is I might have to buy a drive for my 360.
other - It is really easy to source discs from the US and the prices are pretty reasonable.

tamlaras said:
can't wait any longer - Yes
Don't buy Pal / R2 DVD's - I've got hundred of R2 DVD, but have a 360 that I can play / upscale them through.
no HD-DVD region coding - eternally hopeful, if there is I might have to buy a drive for my 360.
other - It is really easy to source discs from the US and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Thanks - What happened to the thanks button?

rooster-x said:
Just out of interest, are people still importing players this close to the Uk release of the 1.5G player because they;

d) - other

Cheers

Rooster-X

a) Can't wait. Sky HD is a bit of a let down so far. I need to feed the beast (tv) :D
b) I do but then my multi region marantz comes in handy. Not upscaled but still great picture
c) lets hope so and they are cheap imports. Going by the DVD market R1 are still likely to come out first.
d) Pricing. Knowing how the US$->Euro->£GB works they obviously don't use the current exchange rates to price in each of the areas. I think between £500-£800 will be the starting price. But that my opinion and I have no links :D

I think its a sound investment. Sure prices will drop, they always do, but getting it now will make you smile :D

d) - other
TBH the big thing for many is US compatibility - however much the UK HD DVD scene takes off the US one will always be bigger. This early in a format's life it pays to be US compatible. Now, assuming regional coding doesn't come and rear it's ugly head in the Euro models, we should be able to play US titles on a UK machine. However the European machines are still 3 months away so, if you don't mind having multiple DVD players, then why wait?

and for £429 for an a1 and 7 films!!! or a £599 xa1 and 7 films...it would be rude not to ;)

I know the DVDWorldUSA is 6 free when adding for login name in comments, what do I need to do for Movietyme?

Has anyone bought the Toshiba HD-D1? looks really nice in black. http://www.dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=48975

Also, how much is delivery from both places??

HD D1 is very nice, but getting one is very hard, Walmart now only supply them from their website to US address's. Find a site that offers them and contact them. Shipping is included at dvdworldusa.

jonas000 said:
I know the DVDWorldUSA is 6 free when adding for login name in comments, what do I need to do for Movietyme?

Has anyone bought the Toshiba HD-D1? looks really nice in black. http://www.dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=48975

Also, how much is delivery from both places??

Movietyme price shown is delivered.

Gazza

Got my e-mail to say it's been dispatched. :thumbsup: But it does say allow up to 15 working days for delivery :eek:

Lets hope that the catch-all.

Now where's that transformer got to :confused:

tonydenson said:
HD D1 is very nice, but getting one is very hard, Walmart now only supply them from their website to US address's. Find a site that offers them and contact them. Shipping is included at dvdworldusa.

For £70 extra Movietyme now have the HD-D1 and it's in stock.

gazzared_typer said:

Chronicles of Riddick
Constantine
Doom
The Last Samurai
Serenity
Sleepy Hollow
Van Helsing

Nice choice ;)

I'm still not sure it's worth getting one seeing as it'd go in the bedroom running a 26in Samsung LCD.

Whilst I'm at it, what's the HDD1? Is it the same as the A1 just looks nicer?

i ordered mine today from movietyme, although it does say "EN ROUTE" so dont know how long delivery will be

apollo 13
riddick dir cut
mission impossible 3
serenity
swordfish
troy
we were soldiers

:clap:

Can't wait for my order to arrive!!

The dvd's i'm getting are:

Enter The Dragon: Special Edition
Full Metal Jacket
The Thing
Serenity
12 Monkeys
Fast and the Furious 3 (Tokyo Drift)

Are these any good on HD-DVD??

Is Doom worth getting????

Ol!ver said:
I'm still not sure it's worth getting one seeing as it'd go in the bedroom running a 26in Samsung LCD.

Whilst I'm at it, what's the HDD1? Is it the same as the A1 just looks nicer?

I only have a 26" Panny and sky HD looks amazing on mine so the DVD's should too. (hopefully :lease: )

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom