I've improved my picture quality

sticker

Standard Member
Hi,
After being so disappointed with the Sky picture quality on my Pio 503MXE I've finally seen an improvement. An extension lead is what has improved it, don't ask me why as I've always been a bit cynical about what various power leads can do for audio/video. This though has made an improvement even on footie, although that could still do with some improvement, but at least now it is watchable. I've had this now for 2 months and have bought another for the audio side of things.
The extension lead in question is this one from Belkin :) :)

I don't understand why there is such a dramatic improvement, I can't say that it was immediate, but over the last few weeks I've tried pictures with an without the lead and the improvement in picture quality just smacks you in the face, perhaps its my mains supply thats only applicable in my situation :confused:

Oh by the way, Dixons have these for £100 :eek: , but if you can get into Costco they are £53 :cool:

Anyone got any idea as to why the improvement?

Regards
John

KelvinHT

I have been thinking for the Monter version

emad

Banned for trading fraud
Hi

Did you just plug your Sky box in the extension lead or the plasma too.

Thanks

Emad

sticker

Standard Member
Hi,
At the mo I have the plasma, JS tech box, PC, DC & 1 sub plugged into one, in the other I have Pre-amp, amp & DVD player plugged in. Unfortunately the Sky box is over the other side of the room, but the JS tech leads from the Sky box.

Regards
John

Stephen Wilde

Novice Member
Try it with the Sky box right next to the plasma with a short high quality cable. Would be interested to hear outcome.

MR2Harvey

Novice Member
Had a similar experiance 15 years ago when i got into Hi-Fi, 'duraglited' (metal polish) the plugs into the mains and could have sworn I heard a difference!!

stormjai

Novice Member
How does this compare to Olsen/Soundfantastic mains filter. I was considering one of those??

Anybody have experience of these??

Thanks

john R1

Banned
Hi Wifey here,

Yep, we have sounds fantastic Olsen mains filter, and yes,WOW, it really is good, What a great improvement all round! Best money we have spent!

:) :) ;)