• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I've got this setup, what AV amp should I upgrade to

sidxms

Standard Member
Hi folks ,

I am thinking of getting a new AV AMP for christmas. I currently have a pioneer vsxc300 amp which is 4+ years old probably and sound is good but not fantastic. Am I likely to see much improvement by upgrading to something in the £200 category like the pioneer vxs 916 which i've seen for £220 on digital direct.

I will only use it to switch audio not video so no upscaling or anything is required.

My speakers are a bit of a mish mash as well.

Fronts are tannoy mercury mx-3s
Centre is a mission M70s
Surrounds are eltax concept 180s.

I think all of them can handle about 80Watts RMS per speaker. My current amp is only 25watts per channel. TBH i don't need it to be loud, but the sound isn't very pronounced and its not very discrete either. That is my main problem atm.

Does that pioneer AMP have auto setup using a microphone? That would be ideal for me as I can't be bothered to fiddle with all possible settings.

Sid

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom