1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got my new BenQ 7700!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spikerules, Jul 30, 2005.

1. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a great machine and I'm glad I went the PJ route, but I've got a few problems (well I think they are problems).

When I turned on the PJ I noticed finger print marks on the PJ! I know already!! So I cleaned off the finger prints with a damp cloth and managed to get rid of all the muck on lens. However, when I turned it on for the first time onto my homemade SHODDY blackout cloth screen (its not fully stretched due to some error in calculations - lol) I noticed that my PJ wont fully focus... I can get it damn near close but not spot on. Have I damaged the lens coating already or is this a screen problem?

edit - sorry forgot to mention that the PJ also creates two darker blobs near the centre of the sreen...?

Please help!
    Thanks in advance
    Spike

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Check to see how many hours the bulb has. It sounds like your PJ isn't new.

If it's got more then a couple of hours on it then I would phone the place where you got it and demand a new one.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    It could just be that the optics in a BENQ are not that great and that you will not be able to focus it as sharply as a superior product with better lens.

Gordon

4. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no its new as I checked the head hours strait away. I never read any reviews stating that there is a slight blurring issue with the 7700?

5. lupinthe4th

lupinthe4th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Spike,

The easiest way to focus accurately is to bring up the pj menu and focus based from that.I don't have any blurring or dark blobs on mine so I would think it is a faulty unit.I would consider sending it back anyway due to the marks on the lense from new,it should not be like that.Contact BenQ and see what they say.
    BenQ's service dept. were quite good in that they replaced my first PE7700 (for one stuck mirror) with the only problems being a few weeks delay and poor communication,which I suspect was to do with the fact that they didn't have any new ones in the country,they finished up sending me one from Holland.

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    The menus should be as sharp as a razer. If they are not, everything will be compromised...PJ :)

7. Penfold73

Penfold73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yeah Spike it sounds odd alright. I think you should have a word with the retailers and get a replacement.

8. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys,
    posting from PSP so please excuse post textstyle

the menu r ok it seems mite b me being silly. ill wait 4 Gary 2 come 2 see:) maybe he can put my mind @ ease!

PS cant they just replacd the lens if there is a fault?

9. lupinthe4th

lupinthe4th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If it is a fault then they will just exchange the pj outright,just contact BenQ direct and they will arrange it,I tried through the retailer but BenQ want to just deal direct with the customer.

10. spikerules

spikerules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lupin what was ur PJ fault?

11. lupinthe4th

lupinthe4th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It was one stuck mirror in the bottom right corner which appeared after a couple of hours use.