Iv'e got my 434 - can't believe it!

Beefer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge :clap: after years of waiting and 3 months of watching a 14" :mad:

Can't believe that within 6 hours of ordering one it was in my living room ready to run - my it looks big :eek:

Must thank the HiFi store for excellent service, fine fellows, very helpful. 100 miles miles on a Friday night on the M6 is no mean feat!

Opinions so far:
Looks amazing even on the stand, better then the pictures portray.

Sky+ varies wildy in PQ, movie channels are usually pretty good, cartoons look amazing! (had to for my 1 year old of course) channels 1 to 5 OK.
The most noticeable thing to me is the colours. Makes my old 36" Sony CRT seem dull.
I may be usefull for somebody out there to know that viewing distances don't make a lot of difference 5ft, 8ft or 10ft it all looks the same, obviously the further away the less flaws you notice but it doesn't get blockier the closer you sit.

DVD; my temporary Pio 565 multi-region looks very good, certainly as good as the 433 I was interested in originally, in NTSC Progressive mode its bloody fantatstic - thats what I bought it for. If thats the quality on a sub £200 machine I can't imagine what a £800 Pio 868 (when it arrives finally!) will look like.

Invested in an Xbox this weekend, PQ not fantastic via s-video but still good all the same - anybody know the best connection method for Xbox to 434, iv'e got the component leads but the inputs on the media box are used by the DVD, would the RGB lead be better than s-video, I imagine it would - was on my PS2, but can anybody confirm this.

Sound:
I am actually very impressed by the optional speakers (on the sides anyway) they are actually pretty good in my opinion, no match for a dedicated system obviously but a good everyday comprimise.

Overall:
Very impressed, I'm a happy man as long as the DVD PQ is up there - which it is.
I still havn't got used to the 43" screen, I have to say that even over my old 36" the movie experience is awesome, you just end up sucked in watching any old b-movie tosh.

Negatives: Noise
A bit disappointed about the fizz noise coming out the top of the display, but you soon forget it when the sound on.
The Media Box has a fan in it aswell but same applies.
Takes long time to switch inputs, but thats bearable.

Anyone still contemplating - BUY BUY BUY!

All that remains now is to get my AX5i up and running.

p.s.
found the Sky+ remote code if anybody is interested - the one in the manual doesn't work. Its 3 digit code 451. Works for me.

Hope this all helps.

Beefer,

Welcome to plasmaville :smashin:

DVD :cool:

Glad to hear your views on the screen Beefer.

Any chance you can give me the size of the box the screen comes in.

Cheers!

Snowman:

Got it from hifistore.co.uk. Same price as most places £3995.00 plus cost of stand and speakers.

frozendexter: (is there a winter theme going on here :D )
Its big fd; 123x42.5x76.5cm (LG/WD/H)

Cheers

Beefer

Cheers for the box size, not as big as I thought.

The Xbox should look better through RGB, mine does on a CRT!

Whats the PQ like when the DVD isn't showing in Progressive mode! cos i've got an Arcam DV88 and it dont do it! (dam)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom