I've got an iphone - do I need an Ipod touch?

sceptic

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just acquired an iPhone and it seems that my iPod touch has become redundant.
Is there any reason to keep the Touch?

Having been in the same position a couple of years ago I'd say no. As long as you've got enough capacity on the iPhone for your music I'd get rid of the Touch while it's still worth something.

Unless of course you have a use for the Touch in the car, or on a speaker dock somewhere in the house. Mine just collected dust until I eventually decided to sell it about a year later.

Maybe not if you do not fancy retaining it as a back-up device (for non-phone purposes), or to distract a toddler with instead of your more important phone

Used my Touch for off-line navigation on holiday recently. Would be less upset losing a Touch than a phone abroad :)

P.S. Saw your blog. Join us: http://www.avforums.com/forums/health-fitness/1514562-running-thread.html

Having been in the same position a couple of years ago I'd say no. As long as you've got enough capacity on the iPhone for your music I'd get rid of the Touch while it's still worth something.

Unless of course you have a use for the Touch in the car, or on a speaker dock somewhere in the house. Mine just collected dust until I eventually decided to sell it about a year later.
These days capacity is not so critical as the music is stored with icloud.
It seems as if I might as well sell it. I thought there might be something I'd overlooked

These days capacity is not so critical as the music is stored with icloud.
It seems as if I might as well sell it. I thought there might be something I'd overlooked
Is the music\cloud thing going to struggle if you dont have 3G plus you have the data limits these days that most have?

Is the music\cloud thing going to struggle if you dont have 3G plus you have the data limits these days that most have?
I download iTunes from the cloud using WiFi and also Spotify by WiFi. I haven't had any problems.

I had a 3rd generation iPod touch and recently bought an iPhone 4S and realised the iPhone does everything the touch does so sold it on the AVF classifieds.

I had a 3rd generation iPod touch and recently bought an iPhone 4S and realised the iPhone does everything the touch does so sold it on the AVF classifieds.
I think my touch will be sold too. Pity as I really like it but the iPhone 4 seems to do everything the touch does and it's one less item to carry about.

I sold mine the same week I got my 4S. It is an iPhone without the phone capabilities etc. Just as long as the iPhone has the capacity, then you're on to a winner selling the touch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom