I've got an A32, but want to bi-amp with p35

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by P2D, Mar 8, 2006.

Tags:
  1. P2D

P2D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a FMJ A32 amp, and want to get a FMJ P35 power amp to bi-amp my Kef iQ5,s. The questions are.

1. Will it be worth it with these speakers (upgrading later in the year anyway)

2. How do i bi-amp them, How does the second amp know what to do? I use my PC as a source and im not too sure how to connect it up- Do i need a pre-amp?

Thanks

2. vistisen

vistisen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I Bi-amp my FMJ A22 amp. The difference is vast, although I suspect that this is largely due to the fact that I have a Kef KUBE, which I use together with Kef Reference 104/2. Bi amping means that by putting the KUBE in between the pre and power amp I can get the bass extension without the veiling effect of the KUBE in the descant.

As long as your speakers are ready for bi-wiring/bi-amping (i.e. they have four binding posts) then all you need to do is connect the second amp to the system. It is actually the crossover in the speaker that sorts out which signals to send where.

I have to say that I suspect that using a PC as the source will limit the quality of your sound, more that only having one amp. MP3 compression sound horrible, and CD-Rom drives that cost a few quid, are not known for their sound quality, at least not in the positive sense!

3. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there, my pc as the source (LynxTWO) going into my A32 sounds good to my ears.

I was going to biamp my A32 originally but ended up getting a better poweramp and using the A32 as a preamp.

Latter on I used the A32 as a poweramp only and now its back to an intergrated in another room. :)

CaM