Question I've got a small problem with my Handycam battery, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by MrBradge, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MrBradge

MrBradge
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sony FV-100 Battery knock-off for my CX130e (I'm not gonna pay $189 for a battery..)
    But the weird thing is, after about 2 hours of charging the light on the camcorder goes out so it's "Full" right?
    As soon as i dive in the menu and check "Battery info" It has almost all the blocks full apart from one (So let's say about 75% Charged)

So now i've plugged it back in the camcorder, and here it is charging again for 15 minutes already.

Battery is 2 days old now, and it has been fully charged and discharged already once.

If someone could help me with this i would be grateful

I've also read something about having to charge it from empty to full for atleast a few times for the camcorder/charger to calibrate or something? Since it charges for 2 hours and then the light goes out, and after that i can plug it out and in again and it charges again for some more time. (So maybe the charger can't handle this much of a charge at once? Since it's 3900mah)

So yeah, thanks in advantage!

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +385
    Most batteries will accept a little-more charge if you let them ( and the charger) "Rest" for a few minutes - not sure though there is any current movement, but then all we have is a winking light.

New batteries don't reach their stated capacities for s few charge/discharge cycles ( Some say ). but I can't say I know why this should be.....
    If the battery is Working the camcorder, it may be worthwhile checking how long it takes to discharge....although that also increase "Wear" on the camcorder-life....

Is the charger the battery-Mfrs? -OR- is it the original Sony?
    From experience with a Sony camera, I noted the Grey battery charger doesn't have the 4-wire connections - so it can't communicate with the Sony internal chip - but it appears to work the camera OK - yet the Original Sony Battery is still ahead in charge-retention after a few years. It is quite unclear if the Grey battery has the internal chip/sensor despite several suppliers claiming they are identical . . . .

The Battery Rip-Off ( like non SD Memory) is something the EU might have addressed....but didn't.

Hope that helps.