• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I've got a John Lewis to pricematch me a Samsung 686 40"

Auditor

Banned
Just thought I'd let you know I got JL to pricematch some random store in Glasgow for me.

I've got a LE40A686 for £664.98 with a 5 year guarantee

I ordered mine from the Bristol John Lewis, it's just came into stock in their main warehouse and getting shipped to Bristol for me to pick up next week

I'm hoping I made the right decision as I could have got a Samsung 42" PS42456 Plasma for £460 from Richer Sounds

ah well too late now it's ordered and I aint gotta worry about screenburn as far as I know?

Hopefully I'll be in awe as it's my first visit into the land of HD

Mobius1

Standard Member
That would be an amazing result as Robert Whyte price is £664.98 without £50 5 year warranty price and £20 delivery added.

Sounds like you have the most generous JL in the land!
They normally say they will not match online prices full stop let alone adding a free warranty.

Well done, it is a cracking telly...

Auditor

Banned
That would be an amazing result as Robert Whyte price is £664.98 without £50 5 year warranty price and £20 delivery added.

Sounds like you have the most generous JL in the land!
They normally say they will not match online prices full stop let alone adding a free warranty.

Well done, it is a cracking telly...

Easy mate,

RobertWhyte also have a physical shop so thats why they pricematched it. They checked Rob Whytes had it in stock at the price I said, all was good and you know the rest

Cheers

Beyond televison have them online for £667 tho, not sure about delivery charges

Nijius Maximus

That's a great deal mate! I ordered the same TV on Monday from the Oxford Street branch of John Lewis in London to be delivered to Leicestershire for their standard £699 price. (Still out of stock on their website)

It's not coming until next Thursday (29th). Is it worth phoning them up to see if they can match this deal?

Cheers. :)

Auditor

Banned
That's a great deal mate! I ordered the same TV on Monday from the Oxford Street branch of John Lewis in London to be delivered to Leicestershire for their standard £699 price. (Still out of stock on their website)

It's not coming until next Thursday (29th). Is it worth phoning them up to see if they can match this deal?

Cheers. :)

i'd say mate, RobertWhyte in Glasgow it was pricematched to

Cant harm making the call in my opinion

sadbuttrue

John Lewis Oxford Street - Samsung LE40A686 - price matched with Robert Whyte, after it increased to £799 at JL. I phoned them at 12:30pm on Tuesday and they returned the call at 5pm the same day!

Apparently Robert Whyte have it at £699 instore, rather than at the £665 online. The extra £20 is RWs delivery charge. It's still a good price and I'm not going argue for the sake of a few quid.

Nijius Maximus

i'd say mate, RobertWhyte in Glasgow it was pricematched to

Cant harm making the call in my opinion

John Lewis Oxford Street - Samsung LE40A686 - price matched with Robert Whyte, after it increased to £799 at JL. I phoned them at 12:30pm on Tuesday and they returned the call at 5pm the same day!

Apparently Robert Whyte have it at £699 instore, rather than at the £665 online. The extra £20 is RWs delivery charge. It's still a good price and I'm not going argue for the sake of a few quid.

I phoned up the Oxford Street branch yesterday afternoon and the lady I spoke to said she'd phone up the Glasgow branch to confirm. She phoned me back in 5 mins and said that they'd never offered it for less than £699. If it had been a "temporary" price match then it wouldn't count as they would've had to have lowered the price for a day or two. She even phoned the Bristol branch who said the same thing and that they were now selling it for £799.

She was actually quite helpful I have to admit, pretty good customer service. But unfortunately she can only match the price if the store themselves dropped it rather than a price match in a different city - well that's what she said to me!

At the end of the day I'm still happy - it's only £34. Considering the price is now £799 on JL's website and that my own Leicester branch no longer have it for sale (they said it had been discontinued :confused:) getting it for £699 is still a pretty good deal!

Less than a week till delivery, can't wait for this baby to arrive! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom