Ive gone and done it....

Solar

For the first time in my life i got me a Sony product and so far im very happy with the turn out.
£465 with RR7, a free extra pad and 5 years warranty :hiya:

I had a go on my bro's a couple weeks ago and i wasnt that impressed at all. motorstorm was a pile of horse **** with low detail, low framerate, almost no control and no scenery or detail. Tekken...well thats just tekken, but neither of them made me want to shoot out and get one. couldnt say i liked the look of VF either.
Then, yesterday i tried the RR7 demo, ooo this had me hooked so an hour later i went out and got me a PS3 purley because of this game :clap:
Also the blueray is keeping me happy atm and i cant wait to start building my collection of films.

So this is my post to say hi to the PS3 forums, you should be seeing more of me here :thumbsup:

R

resistance35

For the first time in my life i got me a Sony product and so far im very happy with the turn out.

I had a go on my bro's a couple weeks ago and i wasnt that impressed at all. motorstorm was a pile of horse **** with low detail, low framerate, almost no control and no scenery or detail. Tekken...well thats just tekken, but neither of them made me want to shoot out and get one. couldnt say i liked the look of VF either.
Then, yesterday i tried the RR7 demo, ooo this had me hooked so an hour later i went out and got me a PS3 purley because of this game :clap:
Also the blueray is keeping me happy atm and i cant wait to start building my collection of films.

So this is my post to say hi to the PS3 forums, you should be seeing more of me here :thumbsup:

welcome, how did you manage a 5 year warranty? and your brother must have been watching in SD if motorstorm looked so bad.

tscotsman

im surprised at your comments on motorstorm and even more suprised at comments on RR7 played v6 on the 360 and thought it was rubbish and dont see the ps3 version being any different.

But dont go near sonic that is definitely awfull.

Jay

Banned
Low detail, :eek: have you seen the mud on motorstorm.....You can almost taste it. I find motorstorm to be one of the better looking games on the ps3 but maybe that's just me.

Gunhawk

Distinguished Member
Motorstorm has the best graphics ive ever seen, loads of detail and lots to see in the background. Please tell me you didnt play it on a HD TV.

Solar

hehe no i played it in 1080 on a 42" sammy
all i saw was fancy up close graphics, there was nothing beyond the hills 100 yards up the track. Thats the kind of detail that gets me. But i didnt actualy like the way it played either so its probably just me personaly.
RR is more my kind of game :) also it seemed a lot sharper and better textured than MS.

i have just downloaded lemmings, im loving that atm :D

robin1234

Standard Member

Gratz on your Ps3. :thumbsup:

But really, ***? You're saying Motorstorm is low detail? In my opinion it's one of the best games grapically out atm.

As for ridge racer, the graphics look nice sure, considering most of it you can't interact with or get near.. And as for the gameplay, you have WAY more control in MS than in RR. In ridge racer, the drift is boring, you don't control it and the movement feels choppy imo.

But I guess everyone has different tastes. :rolleyes:

stepp

RR is smooth yes but there is no way in hell that it has better graphics overall to Motorsotorm.

I will agree with you though id rather,and do play RR, as Motorstorm is a hyped up shallow piece of crap....the online is just a joke.

Enjoy your PS3, mines gathering dust and has been for 3 weeks now :(

To me RR7 is exactly the same as the first but with better graphics. Its proof that no matter how good it looks you cant polish a poo.

mnetley

You bought a PS3 based on RR7 ? :eek:

I would have said you were easily pleased but that's contradicted by your impression of Motorstorm. How thick are the lenses in your glasses ? :D

Solar

No you didn't cos the game doesn't support that res. You probably played it in 480p with your description.
No i just sold my Wii, i think ill know what 480 looks like, so it was probably 720 with a bit of decent multisampling. Doesnt stop the game playing like poo though.

How ever, what ever game(s) i have im still enjoying my new PS3, it hasnt been turned off all day again:rotfl:
Another thing, anyone know if its worth putting linux on this thing without a keyboard or mouse ?
what extra things does linux let me do with the machine ?

cheers
You bought a PS3 based on RR7 ? :eek:

I would have said you were easily pleased but that's contradicted by your impression of Motorstorm. How thick are the lenses in your glasses ? :D
hehe no not entirley, i also tried out the GT concept and a couple of movies, but that game gave me the final decision blow :thumbsup:

R

resistance35

No i just sold my Wii, i think ill know what 480 looks like, so it was probably 720 with a bit of decent multisampling. Doesnt stop the game playing like poo though.

How ever, what ever game(s) i have im still enjoying my new PS3, it hasnt been turned off all day again:rotfl:
Another thing, anyone know if its worth putting linux on this thing without a keyboard or mouse ?
what extra things does linux let me do with the machine ?

cheers

hehe no not entirley, i also tried out the GT concept and a couple of movies, but that game gave me the final decision blow :thumbsup:

oh good, someone who's opinion i know not to trust in ANY situation

AQU4RIUS

dont listen to them mate, u done well.

ps3 all the way. :smashin:

The Gooner

dont listen to them mate, u done well.

ps3 all the way. :smashin:

I agree, welld done on the PS3, im sure you will enjoy it, If RR7 was the game swayed you into buying PS3 then good for it, I havnt played or seen it so cant comment as others have but it wuldnt do for us all to like same thing so enjoy it.

Forestred

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you're happy with your PS3, for me it motorstorm all the way but if you're happy with RR then go nuts.

Kind regards
FR

Now get on the PLaystation store and get them games down..

There are some decent demos, and the awesome GranTurismoHD to be had for nothing...

I bought Flow and Blast Factor, both worth the asking price of £3.50...

sneeks

You'll need a keyboard and mouse in order to install and use Linux on your PS3. Well worth the effort though because it adds a lot to an already great package.

Solar

I bought Flow and Blast Factor, both worth the asking price of £3.50...
Since they are so cheap ill get them later and give them a go, cant really argue with that price.
i think ill be leaving the linux for now though, the missus didnt like the idea of me having a keyboard or mouse under the tv when i had a micro emu box under there :(

Since they are so cheap ill get them later and give them a go, cant really argue with that price.
i think ill be leaving the linux for now though, the missus didnt like the idea of me having a keyboard or mouse under the tv when i had a micro emu box under there :(

I have a wireless keyboard and touchpad, works a treat in Linux, and also allows you to use it in games and the XMB. No wires for the missus to complain about eithr...

I have one of these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/104608

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 23rd June 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Streaming giants face UK regulation by Ofcom
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published