1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've gone and done it + a big up for av-sales :)

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by JUS, May 12, 2005.

1. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I've been talking about ordering a sub now for many years. Various things have got in the way but I've finally put the order in :thumbsup:

I came close to buying a new SVS, then a 2nd hand one - another forum member closed the thread just as I had made up my mind :rolleyes:

I have decided to go for a Velo SPL1200. The combination of WAF factor and performance did it for me....the thing really does rattle your bones when needed and is really snappy for music.

Thanks to Hayes at av-sales for the help and patience :smashin: Visited the demo room a few times before I made my decision :D He even offered to bring in his home 1200 as they only had a 1000 at the time :smashin:

Also bought a Arca and a few speaker stands while I was there...be rude not to ;)

I would highly recommend these guys if you're thinking about buying anything. Hayes has excellent knowledge of the products, they are all really friendly and helpful there and all seem to enjoy their jobs (lucky gits - who wouldn't). After sales is second to none as well...really did help me with the projector & brightview I bought from them a year or two ago....I even had the Zinwell technical director from Belgium in my home at one point :eek:

I'm not associated to av-sales or the forum in anyway.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I thought that you were a self confessed lazy devil yet Tunbridge Wells is in a completely different county to you :rotfl:

Enjoy :smashin:

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    You're right I am lazy....just ask the mrs. My company have an office near by, so I can combine trips to both places and get my petrol paid as well ;)

4. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    Well congratulations to you and hope you enjoy ya new toy!!! (I give it 6 months before he wants to upgrade..)

5. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Thanks Shodan. I don't think I'll get any other purchases past the mrs for a few years...especially as I'm going to start my PPL (private pilots licence) soon which is going to suck loads of money away from her Laura Ashley spending.

6. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    Wow, good luck with the pilots licence! I hear it has its ups and downs.. Ahem, sorry, I'll get my coat...

7. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211