I've finally placed my order

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by WillC, Nov 2, 2005.

1. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...for a Panasonic TH37PE50B with cabinet stand and free DVD recorder from Lets Go Digital. It arrives tomorrow :thumbsup:

Now I just have to hope the delivery man will accept a five pound tip to help me get it up two flights of stairs or else I'm screwed! :rolleyes:

2. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, I just want to thank the users of this board, in particular UrbanT, for their help in recommending suitable TVs, retailers and deals. I'd be lost without your help!

I'll report back in a day or two once I've set it all up.

Thanks once again :)

3. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd better eat 3 weetabix tomorrow morning :D

Make sure you post some pics when it's set up.

4. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Agreed,

Nearly everyone seems to dissapear off these forums once they have recieved their plasma unless they are having problems.

Dont let us down Willc :smashin:

5. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a good point kamaran. While I was asking questions about my screen, various members came and went. I've had it over a month now and, in the spirit of the forum, it only seems fair that I try to help prospective purchasers based on my experiences.

That and the fact that you can only spend so much time every day doing real work :thumbsup: :D

You've got a lot to live up to willc

6. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I'll be sure to check the boards after I've finished setting up my plasma. Afterall, where else would I get to see the terrible living room decor of the British public?! :rotfl: ;)

Back on subject, I was a bit annoyed this morning when the delivery man turned up with the DVD recorder and Plasma TV... but no stand!!

I rang Lets Go Digital and they apologised for what seems like a delivery error whereby they forgot to deliver the stand and instead left it in their warehouse. Doh! They said I can expect it tomorrow.

Not the end of the world, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'll live though :)

Anyway, the plasma hasn't been taken out of its box, but instead it is sat there where it will eventually be set up. My friends came over earlier and one of them said "oh...my...God... that is the biggest TV I have ever seen!" while my Mum told me off for quibbling over having to buy a new kitchen sieve for a fiver when I just spent well over a grand on a new TV :D

Talking of my old Mum, I have a funny story...

She popped in yesterday to see my new apartment and I had my old 16" Sanyo TV set up. It's a horrid old grey thing. I said "Mum, do you like my new plasma TV?" (and pointed at the Sanyo) to which she naively said "erm, yes dear, very nice, how much did you say it cost you again?" to which I nearly ****** myself laughing :rotfl:

7. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    Good going Will, looking forward to seeing those pics :)

8. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question while I'm online (I'm at a friend's house)...

I asked the man at Lets Go Digital if I'll need any extra cables to get set up. He said no.

Is this true?

Does the TV come with everything I'll need to at least get the thing up and running?

I'm not bothered about high-quality cables just yet. Just want the thing to work :)

9. arby1

arby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    mums are great- was talking to mine the other day on the phone as she was wanting me to arrange to get my dads christmas present- then she asked what i was wanting for the house, i said a new tv. She got all excited and said she'd been talking about that with my dad as they'd seen a nice tv/dvd combi for about £100- she nearly choked when i said i was about to order it myself actually, for £2100! And now i'm just waiting for my 42pv500!!!

10. arby1

arby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    it'll come with the power lead, and hopefully you'll have a coax cable from the last TV, which is all you 'need' to get it running. but you'll want more, a lot more!

no idea, if it comes with additional cables

11. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I should have the coax cable from the old TV I guess... to be honest I don't know though! Worst comes to worst I'll just pop down the local Panasonic Shop (2 minute walk from my new apartment) and they should be able to help me.

12. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's the same as the pv500, you get a mains lead and thats your lot. They don't exactly push the boat out! Mind you - if they did come with any other cables, from previous experience the first thing I'd do is chuck them!

13. WillC

WillC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic stand arrived the day after the screen. I've since set up the plasma. Here are my thoughts...

- The stand has to be one of the most well-designed things I've ever seen. It was so easy to assemble with very simple and clear instructions. Great job, Panasonic :)

- I had to go and buy an extra aerial cable which cost me £5. After that, it took me about 30 seconds to set up the TV. Again, great job Panasonic :thumbsup:

- The picture quality is just outstanding. It's better than I expected it to be, and better than it appeared to be in the shop.

- I've set the picture to "Cinema" because a) it looks more life-like and b) I believe it lessons my chances of getting image retention and screen burn.

- I had some problems setting up the DVD recorder using the supplied component cables. I thought the instructions here were useless :thumbsdow So instead, being the idiot that I am, I just used an old Scart cable from an old video player. Result? Excellent! The picture quality is great!

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow when I have more time. Overall, I'm very happy... even if my bank balance is now not so pretty :D