1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive finally bought one

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mousecatia, Aug 7, 2005.

1. mousecatia

mousecatia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after mucho questioning and help and advice from this forum, I finally bought myself a Toshiba 32ZP46, in the end it was the only one that looked right in the available space - I am over the moon with it !
    Thanks to all those who answered my stupid questions :)
    But, I now have a few questions regarding connections.
    I have used component video leads from my Pioneer 575a DVD to the screen, along with a Co-axial connection from the DVD to my AMP for the sound - this works great.
    I have an Xbox that has a scart lead to the TV (scart 3) with a splitter box half way down from which I have taken two audio leads to the AMP - VDP phono jacks - is this the best way, or should I be trying to utilise the second Co-axial or even an optical connection - where do I get the leads from ?

My Video currently has a scart type connector in the back which splits the signal into two audio, going to audio plugs on the Amp and one video signal, also going to the Amp. Would I be better to have a Scart straight to Scart1 on the TV and then run 2 phono leads from the back of the video, there is a left and right output, down to the Amp for the sound ?

Sorry its long and drawn out, I am new to this but enjoying the experience so far :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rich.

2. 5lab

5lab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats the delivery time?

i ask because i brought a 36zp48 from soundandvisiononline (.co.uk) on the 29th of july, and according to the website http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/snv/terms.asp it should take 3-5 working days for delivey. it wont be here till at least thurs, despite having stock - thats a whopping 13 days (pretty long imo).. wondering if i should cancel the order on principal

3. Elmo

Elmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Glad you are enjoying your new set :) I have nearly decided that the 32zp46 is the one for me. Where did you get yours from ? It is not as available as the 32zp48.

Best price I have seen is £599 in Currys.

4. mousecatia

mousecatia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought it from Currys, the branch at Fosse Park, Leicester.
    Paid for it there and then picked it up from the distribution centre in Coventry on the same day.
    The 36" is not due into the "hub" until 10/11 August, when I asked for a delivery time, they couldnt give me one - which I thought was odd !

Anyway - about my cables :D

5. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    As far as a VHS video recorder goes I don't think there is much to gain using the audio out sockets although some have what is called Hi-Fi out (An old Akai resident with a friend had this) where the quality is noticably better.

There may be some gain in doing this, this way anyway in that using RCA sockets should give a much better (tighter and more solid) connection therfore allowing more efficient signal transfer which all going well will provide a noticable improvement in sound. If you use a quality interconnect there *may* be a helping hand in it's final sound quality.

As Video uses a composite signal (for VHS only) then to provide the best possible picture without further degradtion through switches and extra sockets then a direct connection to the TV I should think is the best option.

Whichever method you choose tho' I reckon you may be splitting hairs unless the Audio outs are something more than they say (I.E different from the scart supplied output).

6. mousecatia

mousecatia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I have actually run the video straight into the TV utilising scart3 - as recommended by Toshiba, I have used a proper scart cable and ditched the splitter type that was used previously. The Sony video has two audio out feeds, left and right. I have connected these to the amp with audio leads to at least get a pseudo surround sound !

The TV had a bit of a dizzy fit last night and would not recognise the DVD player. I had to reset the DVD to its factory settings and turn the progressive scan back on. It appeared to work properly after this. Even though I am using component video leads and a co axial connection to the amp, I may switch the DVD to "interlaced" if I have another problem.

7. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've just bought the 36" 36zp46 for £595 - arrives today! Cant wait! (didnt need the surround sound speakers on the 36zp48 as I will use the DVD surround and didnt want an extra set of speakers lurking around), apparently brand new with 12months warranty and stand at that price too, we shall see when it arrives! Delivery was delayed a little while they waited for new stock to arrive from Toshiba so fingers crossed!

I nearly bought mine from Currys (even though it was another £204!) but when I was speaking to my local Currys store manager, they checked the system and found no more 36zp46's are due in at all and none can be forward ordered - probably end of line stock for Currys.

8. thesnowman

thesnowman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I tried checking currys website but it keeps crashing on me, do they still stock them?
    If not wheres the place place to purchase one at the moment for price and hassle-free service (In case I recieve one thats not up to standards ie the dreaded dirty screen etc)

which etailer offers the best gureentee, money back, repair service

since this is a pretty expensive tv set I expect it to last at least 10+ years

9. kdaines

kdaines
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mad Andy

Where did you buy your 36" from? I want to buy one ASAP and thats the best price i've seen.

Regards
    Kevin

10. gzed

gzed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has anyone seen the difference between the 32ZP48 and 32ZP46 models?
    Is it only on the sound part that they differ? If yes I'm not bothered and will go for the cheapest as i already have a proper homecinema setup.

cheers
    Guillaume

11. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes mad andy.....can u please let us know were u got ur 36"er for 595 :eek:
    Am in the hunt for one myslef and that is a really great price.

12. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    :eek:
    i just paid £600 for the 32" version,and that was after alot of searching around,so unless mad andy has a magic internet search engine i have to call bull crap to that statement of £599 for the 36". :lesson:

13. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Well having a short perusal on the net I can't find it for this price either but it does seem to be available for £649.99 from a few places. So it may not be out of the realms of possibility that it was or is available for 50 sheets less.

Ebay has a refurbished unit for £599 though.