• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bargain Expired I've been offered a Samsung UE55MU7000 for £1199, is this good?

nelentari

Novice Member
It includes 6yr warranty and I also get £200 cashback for their trade-in deal, bringing the total down to just £999. I had a quick look online and it looks like the normal price for this TV is £1350-£1500 before cashback.
I chose this one because it had full HDR and 10-bit panels. I don't know too much about TVs but I hear that is important.

Films, netflix, PS4 pro gaming are what it will be used for.

And one final question - does hanging this thing on a wall ACTUALLY work? Like, it seems to defy physics??!?

Dodgexander

It is a good deal but the TV itself is currently overpriced. For example you could get a Panasonic DX-902 refurb on eBay for less than 1k and its a better tv than this Samsung in every area.

They aren't easy to get hold of now but last years Samsung KS series tv's were also better tv's than this years MU series.

HDR functionality is limited to only better colour on this tv, it doesn't have the hardware to give the extra brightness and local dimming for decent HDR.

Yes of course hanging it on the wall works, just be sure to get the right fittings (or get a professional to do it for you).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom