1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itv4, ugly duckling

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by oxygenuk, Oct 27, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  2. magicmushrooms

magicmushrooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But should be the best ITV channel with some decent programming, for a change from ITV

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I have to say it's not that bad a logo, in comparison with some of the one's Channel 4 have inflicted on us. Ditto with BBC3, who have given some of the largest DOG's I've ever seen.

I also echo Mushroom's comments, that the ITV4 channel will have some stunning shows on it! "Homicide", "Kojak", "First Wave", "The David Letterman Show", "Alien Nation", "The Persuaders", etc, etc.

Pooch

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,062
    Really, David Letterman on ITV4? That's good news, been missing that since it disappeared from the ITV2 schedule.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

More news about ITV4 - some good, some not-so good! :(

Bad News:
    There's some concern that ITV4 will only be launching on Freeview and NTL Cable on Day 1 - November 1st. Sky viewers may have to wait a whole week, as no one, including Sky or ITV themselves, are willing to officially confirm or deny that ITV4 will be available to Sky viewers from the same day! :mad: This is really horrible news, as there are numerous excellent shows, films and sport, that Sky viewers are really looking forward to, in the first week. At the minute, it depends on who you speak to. Some places say it will be available on Sky from day one, others say from one week later. Stay Tuned, and I'll post more news as soon as I know something more reliable! :eek:

Good News:
    Films on ITV4 - ITV4’s movies won’t be a diet of blockbusters. The coming months will see a challenging season of Spaghetti Westerns, including Django and My Name is Nobody, all introduced by legendary cult director Alex Cox as well as a host of horror, sci-fi and crime flicks including Carlito’s Way, Romeo is Bleeding, Palookaville, The Hot Spot, The Killer Elite and El Mariachi. :clap:

Sport on ITV4 - Sports fans can also tune into ITV4 to catch the latest UEFA Champions League Football, Tour de France, The World Poker Tour and Live Boxing.

From November 1st, "The Late Show with David Letterman" returns to its new UK home on ITV4. Showing late-night, each weekday night around 1am, the first episode will include actor Woody Harrelson and music by Fiona Apple.

From November 2nd, "First Wave" will start a complete, uncut 3-season run! From November 3rd, "Dream On" and "Invasion Iowa" both start uncut runs! Then, later in November, the 3-part Mini-Series "Traffic: The Mini-Series" will be shown, as three 110-minute episodes! :clap:

Pooch

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Good news - providing you still have a VCR or DVD Recorder! :clap:

There's still no official confirmation about ITV4 being on SKy from November 1st. However, even if it isn't, ITV4 viewers who have Sky Digital (not Sky+) should be able to view and record the output, by doing a Manual Tune on the Other Channels section of your Sky box. The details are as follows:

Frequency: 10759
    Position: Vertical
    Thingy: 22.0
    FEC Rating: 5/6

Look for channel 10072, and lo and behold, it should be ITV4's output!

Sky Plus viewers wanting to record the output, will have to resort to recording on to a VCR or DVD Recorder instead.

Pooch

7. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tuning information Pooch!

I'm looking forward to seeing Francis Ford Coppola's First Wave again and I think I read dark skies is coming on soon?

8. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Sweet, have to make sure I record that...only ever got a dodgy VHS version. But American Gothic is out on DVD so maybe there's hope :)

9. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I never saw Dark Skies but friends couldn't believe I missed it any news when, if it's on?

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Never set the Sky Box for channels, how do you do it? I know how to enter the above but how do you set it to a channel No and set i?

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Pooch, that seems to have worked - it is currently showing Men & Motors with intermittent ITV4 test signals.

As far as I am aware Garrett it isn't possible to set channel numbers to added channels - you can only access them via SERVICES>OTHER CHANNELS :thumbsdow

12. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen the ITV4 previews as well. You would have thought they would show more of what's coming up rather than just a few new programmes.

I believe Lex is right you cannot choose a channel number meaning you can only select it from other channels as Lex described. Until Sky decide to put it in the planner that is the only way to view it.

Can anybody steer me in the direction of a free online TV listings so I can see what is coming up on ITV4 ?

13. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    Im getting ITV4 coming up on my plain old sky box without having to mess around entering stuff - its on channel 136 (it comes up as ITV4 on men&motors)

Football on at the moment :thumbsdow but Kojak is on at 22.00 :smashin:

14. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    That's because they're broadcasting ITV4 on M&M at the moment, presumably to raise a bit of awareness.

15. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    I was under the impression that it was replacing from Men & Motors on the same channel

16. KevD

KevD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    I think its only M&M for a week :confused: and then will have a new home of its own.
    The line up looks good, Ive already seen some Kojak and I like it and there will defo be some late nights with Letterman back on :clap:

17. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    Someone (probably Pooch) said that Men and Motors was now defunct and the channel was being taken over by ITV4 - doesnt really matter though as at least we get to see everything from the begining.

18. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    Latest information seems to be that M&M is staying on Freeview. ITV News has had its hours reduced to make way for ITV4.

19. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I can officially confirm the following now:

Satellite Viewers:
    ITV4 will officially start on Sky on 7th November on EPG slot 120. However, you can already Manually Tune in the channel, and watch all ITV4's output already between today and the 7th. See here!

Men And Motors is going to cease broadcasting very soon. It was supposed to be at the end of October 2005, but it seems it may be anytime between now and the end of November 2005!

Freeview Viewers:
    ITV4 will be on air as of now, on Freeview EPG slot 30. Men And Motors may continue, but nothing has been confirmed. However, once it leaves Sky, it will also leave ALL other TV platforms. As for whether ITV4 will partially replace ITV News on Freeview, I can't get any kind of official confirmation.

Pooch