ITV4 and More 4 on Sky freesat?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by leedebs, Oct 30, 2005.

1. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Seen the recent adverts for ITV4 but notice it mentions "exclusively on NTL and Freeview". Is this not going to be transmitted on Sky or Freesat?
    Also I cannot access more 4 on my sky freesat box but can on my sky+ box in the other room, is more4 not free to air? :(

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    ITV4 is coming to Dsat but at this time the EPG place looks like it will be delayed a week or so unless like ITV3 something is done at the last minute.
    You can add ITV4 manually, not got the details but they are around somewhere:)

More4 will come under the CH4/SKY carriage deal so likely to be encrypted on Dsat until the contract ends in 2008.

Found the frequency for ITV4 (tests) over on DS.

V
    5/6

Look for channel 10072 and there should be a broadcast between 6pm and 6am and hopefully should be the proper broadcast when ITV4 launches.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    According to a post over at DS ITV2 just announced that ITV4 will launch on SKY channel 136 on Tuesday.

4. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Which appears to show that they're giving an 'up yours' to Sky (for delaying their EPG 120 launch) by using their M&M EPG number (136) to launch ITV4 on time and 'resting' M&M for a week so they can do so.

Good for them!

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I don't believe for one second SKY went out of their way to delay an EPG allocation for ITV4, it's done on a first come first served basis and regulated by OFCOM.
    ITV really don't plan very well although this was slightly better handled than the launch of ITV3 which made ITV look like rank amateurs:)

ITV have total freedom to assign channels to an already active EPG slot and this is what they have done thus proving that SKY viewers are far too important to ignore which strengthens the idea that when Freesat is launched there will not be a mass exodus of FTA channels from the SKY EPG.

6. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    So in summary then it appears that I will get ITV4 on freesat but probably later than ntl or freeview (maybe on Tuesday) but More4 will be 2008 on freesat?
    Thanks for ther info guys :)

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    More info from DS.

Email received from ITV4 stating that for 1 day only ITV4 will be on ch136 for the launch of the service on November 1st and then it will return full time on ch120 from Nov 7th.

Here is the link to the post.

More4 will be FTA on freesat when CH4 and SKY end their current contract which is sometime in 2008. However you never know what may happen in the mean time, it may be possible for CH4 to buy themselves out if all parties can agree a deal.

8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,521
    I noticed that they had scheduled some football for ITV4 this coming week and was wondering if we'd get to see it on Sky - thanks for the info :)