1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV3 Sound Issue

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 18, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Can anyone else confirm or deny this, for me, please?

I've got Sky Digital, and whenever I watch ITV3 (Sky EPG 119), I get problems with the sound. Basically, every few minutes or so, at random intervals, the sound will momentarily dip, totally out of tone, and then go back to how it should be. :confused:

It's happening at all times of day and night, and it appears to be prevalent on both Freeview and Sky. It affects any programme, any adverts, and at any time.

I've tried rebooting my Sky box several times, but the problem doesn't appear to be an issue with Sky (for once), but with the channel broadcaster itself.

To me, it sounds like they're trying to force too much material down their allotted bandwidth, and it's getting a bit blocked/squeezed somewhere along the way.

Can anyone help me on this? I've reported the issue to ITV3 and Sky, but neither seem particular bothered. ITV3 can be telephoned on:

0870-600-6766 and then choose Option 4 (to talk to someone).

If anyone can offer any info on what this problem is actually called in the media technology world, and how to diagnose it, then please post. Thanks. :)

Pooch

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,559
    Yeah, i've also noticed this. I record Chicago Hope on ITV3, and i thought it was my tivo at first, but this is the only channel its happening on.

It's most noticable when music is played...so maybe a lack of bandwidth or too higher compression ratio?