1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV3 Screw-Up!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 2, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Morning,

Well, just two hours into their first day of broadcasting, and ITV3 have already ballsed-up big time!

Not only was their no available schedule information on the Sky EPG, or on the ITV website, (thank god for DigiGuide and the Radio Times!), but ITV3 transmit one of their new US crime dramas, in the wrong :censored: screen ratio.

Yep, instead of showing the superbly gritty "Hack" in 4:3 full-frame (as it was originally filmed for Season 1), ITV3 showed it in Widescreen (1.78:1). This rsulted in the picture being vertically squashed, and everyone and everything appearing very fat and very wide! :nono: To make matters worse, the show doesn't get a repeat on ITV3, or ITV2. I guess I'll have to wait until it comes to ITV1 in the New Year!

And the blinking DOG was unnecessary too! :mad:

Thanks ITV3! You'll be getting my formal complaint, in the next day or two! :mad: :thumbsdow :mad:

Pooch
    (Extremely disappointed with this situation!)

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    its ITV Pooch, your expectations cant have been that high :D

Gary

3. Furber

Furber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was only in the wrong aspect ratio on Sky. The aspect ratio was correct on Freeview. So I guess blame Sky, not ITV.

4. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Nothing wrong with EPG using freeview, could it be sky that have cocked up, wouldn't be the first time

As for ITV web site, do really expect a 2nd rate web site to be upto date

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Hardly SKY's fault, they have no say in the broadcasting and uplinking of ITV's programming via Dsat. As for the EPG that is under the total control of each broadcaster, ITV3 did not or were not in a position (given the abrupt nature of the launch) to update their listings.

SKY while being dominant in many areas have little or no control in others:)

6. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

You are claiming that you had ITV3 on channel 119 of the EPG before last monday via SKY?
    I suspect you are talking about Freeview while I am talking about SKY which is line with your previous comments about it being ok on Freeview but not SKY.

Actually that is as good a description of the launch of ITV3 on Dsat:)
    Simply put Granada Plus was closed down in the middle of a program, if that had been planned they would have had an orderly close down more than likely with the media press well aware of it before hand.
    ITV bought SKY's share of GSKYB last monday which allowed them to shut it down and give it's EPG slot to ITV3, if they hadn't done that then ITV3 wouldn't have had an EPG listing for a few months even though it could still have launched on Dsat.