ITV2 'will rival Sky One'

Lex

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Taken from wotsat news:

Carlton and Granada plan to build ITV2 into a new force in UK broadcasting that will take on Sky One for the position of Britain's fourth commercial TV station. The two ITV companies intend to ramp up the investment and promotion of ITV2, as the station starts to register significant audience figures. A spokesman for Granada told The Independent: "We have a growth strategy for ITV2. We'll increase the spin-offs from ITV1, continue to use Champions League football and use it as a second chance to see popular soaps. From next year, ITV2 will show more movies."

They have a lot for work to do if you ask me! :eek: :D

Huh? Watched Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey last week on ITV2, it was completely cut to shreds by the censors, so that channel lost my vote right from the start. ITV2 is like pitting a vintage car against a Grand Prix car, no chance in hell. IMHO.:rolleyes:

Lex,

You should know by now that jokes are to be confined to General Chat.;) :D

Originally posted by bh
... a channel of similar quality to this. ;)

:eek: ARRRGGGHhhhhhhhh !!! My eyes! You made me go blind! :D

Originally posted by Deansimm
but i think skyone still has more logos/advertising :)

dean

Just like the advertising at Grand Prix races.:D

Originally posted by Lex
Carlton and Granada plan to build ITV2 into a new force in UK broadcasting that will take on Sky One for the position of Britain's fourth commercial TV station.

Sounds familiar :rolleyes:

Carlton and Granada plan to build Ondigital into a new force in UK broadcasting that will take on Sky for the position of Britain's second digital platform.

ITV2 at the moment has one maybe two programmes a week worth watching, whereas sky one....

I think Sky One and ITV2 are equally good. (read: I don't watch anything on either of them) :)

Ah! But you can get ITV2 for free whereas for Sky1 you need a Murdoch box and wok, and worst of all - pay a monthly subscription.

I'd rather spend it on DVDs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom