1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV Run Of James Bond Films.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,027
    What are ITV playing at the only recently showed Die Another Day and what do they start a new series of with but Die Another Day, next week they are showing The World Is Not Enough.
    Well this is a novel way of showing them going backwards though them rather from the start (thats if they continue in the same way).
    Ah well if they mention killing someone in a film previous you only have a few weeks wait to see it.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Over the years ITV have paid a lot of money to prevent SKY from getting hold of the Bond movies for the subscription channels, no doubt they intend to get the most out of their investment.
    Ch4 take the same approach with Friends and Simpsons:)

I grew up with Bond but I haven't watched one on ITV for years, the more recent movies are just not re-watchable like the older Connery and Moore versions.

Speaking of watching things in the wrong order...
    I watched the cross-over episodes of Third Watch and Medical Investigation, quite annoyed once I realised that the MI episode should have been watched after the Third Watch episode.
    Worth noting for those waiting for CH4 to screen TW season6 and have access to Scifi who are showing MI right now:)

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I thought that too, last night
    Surely they should play them in order?

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    Bond films appear to be treated as a very cheap commodity these days - they seem to show them whenever theres a gap in the tv schedule. Also noticed all SE DVD's in a bargain (cardboard) bucket, at my local kwick-e-mart type shop, for £5.99 each. Seems rather sad for some reason or other.

5. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think the reason we're seeing cheap Bond DVDs is that they are re-issuing them again this summer with new transfers, re-mixed surround sound on the old films and some new extras.

Totally bizarre of ITV to show them backwards. Last night's had their stupid 15min break for the news aswell. When I try and watch movies on ITV I usually end up channel hopping during the ad breaks and miss the re-starts.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I can confirm that ITV1 will be airing ALL of the official James Bond films, but in reverse order. Thus, the season run will end with the first Bond film "Dr No" in about 5 months time (if they stick to running one movie per week).

I don't know why they are doing this, but at least it makes a difference. I can only assume that by hooking younger fans of the series in, with the newer ones, they might then try some of the older movies, which will increase ITV1's ratings overall.

Pooch