1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itv news change

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by jmack, Feb 2, 2004.

1. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what do you think of the new itv news format?

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Haven't seen the new news, but moving it to 10.30 does seem a bit like they can't be arsed, as there are far more important things like "I'm a celebrity". I mean compared to the latest Blair furore, it's far more important. :rolleyes:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I think it should have been put forwards to (as the BBC vacated that spot to put there’s on at 10.
    At 10.30 it means that any film round 2 hours long will ether have to be cut in 2 by the news or start before the watershed and will have to be cut for censorship (although some seems to go on those after 9).

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Who cares I use News24

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I have to say that ITV News in general, is actually pretty bad! It's too tabloid-like for my tastes, and like Martin above, I use BBC News 24, or will watch the News At Ten on BBC1 instead!

If ITV really thinks that transmitting the news every night at 10:30pm, is going to win the viewers back, I think they may be very sadly mistaken. If they hadn't messed around with it in the first place, they could have potentially redeemed themselves. But, as always, they'd rather put ratings first. So much for having uninterrupted films on ITV in the evenings! :rolleyes:

Pooch

6. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the question ment. was more about the newsreaders gettings up and walking about studio like on sky news.

they have spent about 1 million on video walls and stuff.

in the paper today saying about the rules for the women news readers, what to wear , what not to wear, and know one can wear green as it affects the wall screen or something