1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV in Ireland

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by vicbarry, Nov 19, 2004.

1. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    With ITV3 now on Sky Digital what are the chances of ITV1 and ITV2 coming on board. I just wanna watch Lettermn on ITV2...

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Only ITV themselves know if they will renew the FTV deal for ITV1 and if that also means ITV2 will be FTA/FTV or even remain subscription.
    There should be some word this month as I believe the current contract is almost finished.

3. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Interesting. Thanks for that Starburst. I wait with patience!

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    indeedy... it seems stupid having itv 3 onboard without itv1/itv2

we miss loads off stuff in our house cause we're to lazy to switch over to our aerial to watch itv1/2/ch4... as much as a rip off that sky is if they had those 3 channels i think i'd be less annoyed with it...and why not stick on ch5 as well... then i could stop paying the 80 euro a year to the local aerial dudes to keep the service going...

ah well one can always hope....

5. Corkonian

Corkonian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not too interested in ITV but what's the best way for getting C4 on Sat in Ireland?
    On the ButAndSell they're often selling cards that supposidly allow C4 and ITV in Ireland but they're about €120. Also how long do they last + do they have to be 'married' to your own box, which would mean you'd have to ring Sky and therefore probably just get the Irish package again i.e. no C4

6. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    corkonian, ?120.00 is a lot for a ftv card. The way it now works these FTV cards are no longer married to a box ie they will work in any box and there is no need to ring sky. All u do is leave it in the box and the authorisation for each channel takes place over a few hours, usually less than 24. Once authorised u get CH4/ITV1, CH5. ITV2 is subscription based. Buying a 2nd hand card can be dodgy as it could be a subcrisption that has been cancelled, this will still get CH4 etc but only with the box it has been married to.

How desperate are u to get a FTV card?

gbmitie