Question ITV Hub log in problem on Humax FVP 5000T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by A1944, Sep 16, 2018.

1. A1944

A1944

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I have a Humax FVP 5000T Freeview PVR, which has ITV Hub as one of its Apps. I have used it previously, but not for a few months.

Now, when I try to use it, it fails to login with my correct credentials, giving me an error message which just says that there is "something wrong" with ITV Hub without going into any detail and advises contacting their email address which I have done.

I have confirmed that my Internet connection on the PVR is OK by checking the operation of BBC iPlayer which is working correctly. I have successfully accessed ITV Hub on my laptop using the same credentials and I have carefully re-entered them into the PVR without success. I also tried changing the password via the laptop and entering that on the PVR.

I carried out an email verification process with ITV Hub using the laptop this morning.

I have raised a query on the myHumax forum but as yet have had no replies.

While I await advice from ITV Hub or the other forum can anyone here come up with any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,087
    Does your password contain any characters that aren't letters or numbers or is excessively long ?

3. A1944

A1944

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    No, the original one was 6 lower case letters, the new one is 8 lower case letters and 2 numbers.

4. A1944

A1944

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Not so much of a problem now, I found that the programme I wanted was repeated and I recorded it . However, for the future, I wouldn't mind discovering the answer.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM
  5. A1944

A1944

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I still have not got a solution.

I had a reply from ITV and, apparently, when I try to sign in on the hub on the box I should be provided with a 6 digit number, but that is when I get the error message attached here. If I try to sign in manually I get a slightly different "Whoops" message, but just as unhelpful.

I have passed this info back to ITV and await a reply.

Attached Files: