ITV HD...what is going on?

Gae

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought "Tremors 3" was going to be broadcast in HD? I tuned in, bleary eyed at 2:20 am only to get the "This service is temporarily unavailable" logo. :rolleyes:

I give up with ITV HD.

Gae

It wasn't listed as HD in digiguide but last minute changes in regards to HD have happened before and no doubt will again perhaps due to errors in the compilation of the programme info sent to third parties by ITV or maybe issues with a master to close to the broadcast to resolve.

ITV HD will get better but without a revenue stream or political interest it may take a while, more Freesat sales and even carriage into VM and SKY homes would I suspect provide the bump in audience to get things started beyond sports coverage.

Re ITV HD

If you select an ITV programme to record from the EPG will it aoutomatically record in HD if it is transmitted as such - or have you got to wait till red button appears at time of actual transmission. I tried this to a pogramme that was marked as HD but no red button appeared. Am I missing something.

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.

Novo
:lease:

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is on sunday night in HD and then The Fast and The Furious in HD on monday night.

Monty Python....
Hmm! Monty Python and ITV HD - innovative, brilliant, and distinctive or completely silly, tortuous, and pushing the boundaries of what is considered acceptable.

You choose. :clown:

john

Currently watching Wild at Heart, which according to the papers say its available in HD via the red button. No red button came up on the screen so i tried pushing the red button on the remote to see if that was the way to get HD. I just get the interactive banners with a list of programmes across the bottom of the screen such as Dancing on Ice etc.
Am i doing somthing wrong or is the programme not actually being transmitted in HD?
Nigel

Currently watching Wild at Heart, which according to the papers say its available in HD via the red button. No red button came up on the screen so i tried pushing the red button on the remote to see if that was the way to get HD. I just get the interactive banners with a list of programmes across the bottom of the screen such as Dancing on Ice etc.
Am i doing somthing wrong or is the programme not actually being transmitted in HD?
Nigel

I have it in HD here. Having owned both the bush and goodmans boxes i have always been given the on screen prompt for ITV HD. But many people are reporting that they dont get it.

What box do you have? Are you in scotland or ireland?

I have it in HD here. Having owned both the bush and goodmans boxes i have always been given the on screen prompt for ITV HD. But many people are reporting that they dont get it.

What box do you have? Are you in scotland or ireland?
I have a Sky-HD box and i now realise this is the problem.....ITV does not support HD on the Sky box:mad:
Seems to me that broadcasting in UK has developed into a huge mess with multiple set top boxes being required. I already have BT Vision as well so don't want to add another STB just to get ITV-HD.

I have a Sky-HD box and i now realise this is the problem.....ITV does not support HD on the Sky box:mad:
Seems to me that broadcasting in UK has developed into a huge mess with multiple set top boxes being required. I already have BT Vision as well so don't want to add another STB just to get ITV-HD.

Yes - let's have one make of box (I suggest Bush) and one monopoly supplier - BSkyB would be best:eek:

If you want choice and competition then diversity is the price you pay.

Yes - let's have one make of box (I suggest Bush) and one monopoly supplier - BSkyB would be best:eek:

If Sky had a monopoly how much do you think they would charge?
And would they have bothered to develop HD, what would be the point from their point of view?

Not being able to get ITV on Sky is a small disadvantage compared to the advantages of competition.

If Sky had a monopoly how much do you think they would charge?

It's a business and its prices are determined by demand. At least you see where your money's going and their gross profit is only 14% of turnover, which is not excessive by any means.

And would they have bothered to develop HD, what would be the point from their point of view?

Sky are always leading the competition in technological advancement. Things like digital, 16:9 transmissions, DD5.1, HD all move the business forward, giving customers reason for upgrading.

F&F is playing now on ITVHD, no ITVHD DOG but the picture looks nice and sharp, Michelle's thong is very clear:)

FYI: with Goodmans HD box : I got the same symptom with Fast & Furious tonight - ie as soon as the ITV top right "press Red for HD" appeared I did so... said was switching to ITV HD ... then said "not available".

HOWEVER after it returned to SD I then went on to press the Red again and this time it took - ie 30-60 secs or so later it WAS available.

So down either to duff firmware OR I'd like to believe duff ITV HD (how CAN they call that a HD service ? It's the occasional, ie not even every day, simultcast - WOW!).

MKD

FYI: with Goodmans HD box : I got the same symptom with Fast & Furious tonight - ie as soon as the ITV top right "press Red for HD" appeared I did so... said was switching to ITV HD ... then said "not available".

HOWEVER after it returned to SD I then went on to press the Red again and this time it took - ie 30-60 secs or so later it WAS available.

So down either to duff firmware OR I'd like to believe duff ITV HD (how CAN they call that a HD service ? It's the occasional, ie not even every day, simultcast - WOW!).

MKD

I have the goodmans box. ITV HD red button takes me to their service every time with no problems.

ITV HD is only available in certain regions, London I believe, so if you never see the red button logo, and you don't live in London, try switching over to channel 977.

ITV HD is only available in certain regions, London I believe, so if you never see the red button logo, and you don't live in London, try switching over to channel 977.

Im in granada and I get it. It should only be scotland and ireland that dont get it. If you live in those places then just reinstall your box with any old english postcode and you should get HD on 103.

Im in granada and I get it. It should only be scotland and ireland that dont get it. If you live in those places then just reinstall your box with any old english postcode and you should get HD on 103.

Do you only get it if you've done a Freesat tune ? - I've done a manual tune to pick up some other channels. I've yet to see a HD prompt on ITV ! .:mad:

Do you only get it if you've done a Freesat tune ? - I've done a manual tune to pick up some other channels. I've yet to see a HD prompt on ITV ! .:mad:

Ive done a manual tune for things like paranormal channel and luxe. They are sat at the end of my epg in the 3000 channel numbers but that still hasnt stopped me getting the prompt.€€

Which box do you have? Is it an official freesat branded bopx or just a generic free to air reciever?

Ive done a manual tune for things like paranormal channel and luxe. They are sat at the end of my epg in the 3000 channel numbers but that still hasnt stopped me getting the prompt.€€

Which box do you have? Is it an official freesat branded bopx or just a generic free to air reciever?

It's a Freesat branded Humax Foxcat HD. Apart from the fact that I don't get the HD prompt on ITV it's brilliant. .:cool:

Can I ask a daft question ? - Normally when I press the red button on my remote (RM-108) I get the channel listing.
If the red prompt appeared on ITV (which it never does) does that change the function of the red button from display channel listing to switch to HD ?:rolleyes:

It's a Freesat branded Humax Foxcat HD. Apart from the fact that I don't get the HD prompt on ITV it's brilliant. .:cool:

Can I ask a daft question ? - Normally when I press the red button on my remote (RM-108) I get the channel listing.
If the red prompt appeared on ITV (which it never does) does that change the function of the red button from display channel listing to switch to HD ?:rolleyes:

Cant really answer as I dont have a humax. On my box the red button doesnt do anything except on teletext and ITV HD.

You must have a problem somewhere.

I've just noticed that there's an "E" on the end of my postcode that shouldn't be there. I wonder if that's the problem ? - I'll change it (when I grab the manual and figure out how) and see if that makes a difference.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom