ITV HD football more good matches to come

pdoherty76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
For those interested, there are 4 more free HD football matches coming up on ITV HD:

Wednesday 4th February 2009
FA Cup 4th Round Replay Everton v Liverpool (football) - 8.00pm

Wednesday 11th February 2009
Friendly Spain v England (football) - 8.30pm

Saturday 14th February 2009
FA Cup 5th Round Swansea City v Fulham - 12.45pm

Sunday 15th February 2009
FA Cup 5th Round Derby County or Nottingham Forest v Manchester United - 4.30pm

Tuesday 24th February
Inter Milan v Manchester Utd - UCL - 19:30 - ITV HD

We are getting spoilt by ITV HD at the moment in terms of football. Cant wait for the england game, its just been added to the schedule, its the first time ive seen england in HD.

Last edited:
I'll have to watch - I haven't seen anything in HD on iTV yet ! Can't wait to try out the red button ! .:D
Pity ITV don't have a dedicated HD channel yet...:mad:

I'll have to watch - I haven't seen anything in HD on iTV yet ! Can't wait to try out the red button ! .:D
Pity ITV don't have a dedicated HD channel yet...:mad:

Yes its a shame, they could at least show upscaled stuff in between HD shows.

But having had freesat for 7 weeks ive already watched 7 HD matches. ITV have also shown some pretty good films and dramas in HD.

Had freesat for 7 weeks ive already watched 7 HD matches. ITV have also shown some pretty good films and dramas in HD.

Do you know if there is anywhere online where I ITV list their HD programmes ? I suspect I've missed some "red button" prompts and have watched some stuff in SD when I could have had HD.:( - I just haven't seen any prompts - All I've ever got by pressing my red button when ITV is on is the Programmes List ! .:)

Do you know if there is anywhere online where I ITV list their HD programmes ? I suspect I've missed some "red button" prompts and have watched some stuff in SD when I could have had HD.:( - I just haven't seen any prompts - All I've ever got by pressing my red button when ITV is on is the Programmes List ! .:)

You could have a dish alignment problem or some problem with your box. I always get the prompt to press the red button.

The listings are here

freesat - What's On

But they are also on the ITV website now

Plus you get 2 week listings updated constantly here

ITV HD Schedule » Join Freesat

Peirs Morgan is in HD tomorrow night on itv. Watch for the red button prompt when the programme starts. If you dont get it then there is something wrong with your setup.

awesome, can't wait to get freesat!

so say you switch over and the programme has been on 10mins will it auto tell you still to press the red button to watch in HD or do you miss out cheers

so say you switch over and the programme has been on 10mins will it auto tell you still to press the red button to watch in HD or do you miss out cheers

Yesit still gives you the prompt. Even if you change channel 10 times during the programme you will still be given a red button prompt when you go back to ITV.

The only time you dont get a prompt is during adverts.

really wanting to go to freesat as i just dont watch the sport or films on sky anymore and with it been free im sure as time goes on other channels will be added

really wanting to go to freesat as i just dont watch the sport or films on sky anymore and with it been free im sure as time goes on other channels will be added

Freesat is a new service and obviously wont give the same content as sky but the key point is that it is free. BBC and ITV are improving their HD channels and its the best value HD you can get as you arent paying any subscription.

well thats what im looking at,and i guess after a few weks without sky i will be use to not having it

well thats what im looking at,and i guess after a few weks without sky i will be use to not having it

And theres further advantages. Iplayer is coming to freesat and when there are sporting events on the BBCi service has 6 different streams to choose from.

Yesit still gives you the prompt. Even if you change channel 10 times during the programme you will still be given a red button prompt when you go back to ITV.

The only time you dont get a prompt is during adverts.

I'm puzzled now. I didn't get any prompt when the "Piers Morgan in Dubai" programme was broadcast tonight. I doubt if I have an alignment problem - I get great pictures on all channels and BBC HD and Luxe HD pictures are stunning.

Can't figure out why I'm not getting a prompt when ITV transmits in HD ( I get the subtitles prompt ) and if I press my red button all I get is the programme list ! .:mad:

I always change channel to ITV-London then see the RED button for HD.
When I watch my local ITV region, it doesn''t have a RED button for HD.

I always change channel to ITV-London then see the RED button for HD.
When I watch my local ITV region, it doesn''t have a RED button for HD.

Thanks - My wife has our default ITV channel as her region to keep up with news. That's probably the answer...

I'll switch to ITV London to try it next time I want to watch HD on ITV. All I've got on ITV so far by pressing my red button is the channel list...:mad:

I'm surprised the rest of the country isn't complaining - Surely HD on ITV London only is discrimination against people who live outside the M25 ! .:confused:

Thanks - My wife has our default ITV channel as her region to keep up with news. That's probably the answer...

I'll switch to ITV London to try it next time I want to watch HD on ITV. All I've got on ITV so far by pressing my red button is the channel list...:mad:

I'm surprised the rest of the country isn't complaining - Surely HD on ITV London only is discrimination against people who live outside the M25 ! .:confused:

Im in granada region and I have the red button every time no problem.

Just an update:

We now have

Tuesday 24th February
Inter Milan v Manchester Utd - UCL - 19:30 - ITV HD

Added to the schedule.

Cant wait for that match. Just hope it really is in HD and the italian broadcasters dont stuff it up.

can itv hd be found on itv london red button on a sky hd box?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom