ITV HD fails and misses first England goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Yep usual crap from itv.It goes off for the only 5 seconds we were any good.Then the rest is in blocky SD.

yep. was F-ing and screaming when that happened. nearly smashed my tv to bits

They then add to the annoyance by not giving a frank honest apology. All we get is a mumbled, muttered Gordon Brown type apology from Chiles admitting only to a "break in transmission".

They then add to the annoyance by not giving a frank honest apology. All we get is a mumbled, muttered Gordon Brown type apology from Chiles admitting only to a "break in transmission".

Which is why I complained to OFCOM. No point complaining to ITV, what notice are they going to take? At least OFCOM have the power to do something.

why complain you get the channel for nothing

Whats the point of getting it for free if they dont deliver.First we miss the England goal,then the highly advertised HD goes missing.Very poor show from itv as usual.

:facepalm:

I pay to have the HD channels on sky. I have every right to complain. Even if it was free I would still complain as once again they've shown they can't be trusted to show a programme as advertised.

ITV bloody amateurs need to be first up against the wall come the revolution.

Shame they didn't miss the second goal. They would have been doing the nation a service by hiding that shocker...

The Freeview picture wasn't bad compared to what they usually serve up.

Last edited:
Shame they didn't miss the second goal. They would have been doing the nation a service by hiding that shocker...

With gloves that thick it's no wonder he couldn't grab it??? :rolleyes: What is the point of them, must be like trying to pick up a needle with a boxing glove!!
Still, with Ray Clemence as goalkeeping coach that was straight out of the handbook!! (remember Kenny Dalgleish??). :laugh:

Awful, just awful....my wife was muttering "why spend all this money on a Freeview HD TV when we have to watch it like this"....and we missed the b****y England goal...apalling service, and still in SD even now.

There is definitely a cost in looking at ITV, which was that we had to look at a car advert instead of the England goal. So there was a significant cost to me in that the match was ruined. Value is not just money or flash computer equipment but can be opportunity cost.

I hope millions were watching in HD when this happened to maximize the embarassment for ITV. It's right up there with them going to an ad break with 3 laps left in the Imola GP and the first 2 cars (alonso/schumacher) a car length apart. Can't believe they missed the england goal.

There is definitely a cost in looking at ITV, which was that we had to look at a car advert instead of the England goal. So there was a significant cost to me in that the match was ruined. Value is not just money or flash computer equipment but can be opportunity cost.

Of course there is and unfortunately it is one of the pitfalls of watching major sport on a "commercial" channel!!
I dont have HD myself but can imagine the feeling you got when the moment came and went and all you saw was a car ad!!! :eek:
Advertising pays for commercial TV, advertisers call the shots, how many times have you watched a football programme that had a lead up of 5 mins ads/programme trailer's, saw 2/3 mins of programme and went straight back to another set of ads before the kick off!! "every time"!!! :mad:
Advert's are ruining every programme on the commercial channel's now, it is becoming very difficult to watch anything at all not just sport? :( :mad:
Better luck next time mate. :smashin:

Of course there is and unfortunately it is one of the pitfalls of watching major sport on a "commercial" channel!!
I dont have HD myself but can imagine the feeling you got when the moment came and went and all you saw was a car ad!!! :eek:
Advertising pays for commercial TV, advertisers call the shots, how many times have you watched a football programme that had a lead up of 5 mins ads/programme trailer's, saw 2/3 mins of programme and went straight back to another set of ads before the kick off!! "every time"!!! :mad:
Advert's are ruining every programme on the commercial channel's now, it is becoming very difficult to watch anything at all not just sport? :( :mad:
Better luck next time mate. :smashin:

Its just as bad in the US for their sports. The whole superbowl is centred around advertising.

I think the difference is the American sport fan knows when to expect their adverts. They certainly would not accept this kind of incompetence during the NFL play-offs for the Super Bowl

Im sure the advertisers who have paid up to six figure premiums because of this being on HD and prime time will have something to say about this.:suicide:

This now is ITV's main selling point and they have failed on their main feature. Ultimately adverts rely on viewing figures and if they drop then ITV do not get paid so indirectly we are in charge and the viewing public do call the shots.

I think the point is, although we do not pay for ITV, there is no other option as they had been granted the right to screen the game (either by bidding for it or by a 'gentlemans agreement' to split with the BBC). If they had bid for the game and won the right to screen on the basis of providing a service where they can recoup their costs by introducing the viewer to products they are promoting on behalf of those who have subsidised their costs - then I feel we have a right to ensue they provide a service.

Amateurs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom