ITV HD - Always have to enter PIN?

jezzer256

Novice Member
Hi guys

When I select 'other channels', I am always prompted to enter my PIN. This is a pain, as I need a PIN for parental stuff, but what if kids want to watch ITV HD?

Any way round this?

Jez

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi guys

When I select 'other channels', I am always prompted to enter my PIN. This is a pain, as I need a PIN for parental stuff, but what if kids want to watch ITV HD?

Any way round this?

Jez

Without a pin the kids could add and watch anything using add channels.

sparkymarky

thats strange, i'm never asked for a pin:rolleyes:

If any parental restrictions are set you will always need to input your PIN on other channels - absolutely no way round this if parental restrictions are set as "other channels" could then be used to bypass them.

PaddyS

Need to disable parental restrictions manually i'm afraid. Do it daily to avoid the kids watching filth haha

newboy2008

I dont understand this post.If you ask the box to request a pin,then it will.What would be the point in a pin request if you could just add the required channel and view that way???:confused:As if the kids wouldnt work out a loophole like that in 2 mins.

Last edited:

simon194

Need to disable parental restrictions manually i'm afraid. Do it daily to avoid the kids watching filth haha

... and you'll need to turn off the option that hides adult channels in the channel listings as well.

jezzer256

Novice Member
OK thanks guys, it looks like there's nothing that can be done.... ah well.

Jez

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom