1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV - Happy Bunnies In The Scheduling Department!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Aug 4, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Yes,

Not only has Channel 4 got into hot water, but ITV1 has suffered yet ANOTHER ratings disaster, and has dropped another of its Saturday night prime-time shows because of lousy ratings.

"Rock Around The Block" a trashy entertainment show that turned two chav-tastic families into nothing-like-the-real-thing pop acts, for a karaoke duel, has been dropped after getting an average 1.5 million viewers per episode! :clap:

ITV said:"It was a highly competitive slot and the show did not deliver the size of audience we hoped to attract." In other words: "We made another lame show, and we've only got ourselves to blame for the cruddy ratings!" :rotfl:

The final episode will be shown on Saturday night, and then will be replaced with another guaranteed ratings-winner: "It'll Be All Right On The Night.... 97490339"! :suicide:

Anyone would think that ITV and Channel 4 share the same scheduling muppets! Now if only we could clone the Five schedulers (who - more often than not - do things right) and copy them over to ITV and Channel 4, these two channels might start going back to their quality hey days!

... Or maybe not! :D

Pooch

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Well with such low ratings, perhaps the backlass against the Reality shows has started. :smashin:

3. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    They're still be an audience for the "quality" reality shows like Pop Idol and I'm a Celebrity... but hopefully this will persuade TV producers that you can't stick the reality tag on any old dross and hope that the viewing public will swallow it. Watched about 2 minutes of "Rock around the Block" - it really was bad - whoever commissioned it should be fired. It marked a new low for Saturday night viewing and that's saying something.

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,541
    People still watch TV on a Saturday?

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    People still watch ITV?

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I don't get why all of these reality/pop idle/I'm a.../big brother things are so popular. But then again I don't understand how coronation street and the rest of the soaps draw the viewing figures that they do.

These progs keep going but the quality ones get canned :suicide:

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Around 50% of my entire weeks TV viewing is on Saturday: Casualty and Doctor Who (when on)!