Itv Grand Prix Qualifying - Tosh 32wlt58 - Wow!

CYMRAES

Novice Member
Just watched the first Grand Prix qualifying on itv - although I was very happy with my 32WLT58 - watching the qualifying, and considerating it was ITV from Bahrain, it was brilliant. What would be like in HD?!

Anyone else impressed?

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
The pictures did look good.
I have a trailer of some sort of Rally in the Desert which is in HD.The pictures are superb, I imagine that F1 in HD would look even better.

clockworks

Novice Member
Just watched it on Sky. Dunno about HD, it'd be nice if they used widescreen!

This is the first time I've watched F1 on my new TV - had a Tosh 36" CRT last year. The PQ was definately a big improvement. The absence of "jaggies" on the track markings was particularly welcome.

stammie

Novice Member
clockworks said:
Just watched it on Sky. Dunno about HD, it'd be nice if they used widescreen!

This is the first time I've watched F1 on my new TV - had a Tosh 36" CRT last year. The PQ was definately a big improvement. The absence of "jaggies" on the track markings was particularly welcome.

hmmmmmmmm on Telewest it was in 4:3, strange it was widescreen on sky and 4:3 on cable

clockworks

Novice Member
stammie said:
hmmmmmmmm on Telewest it was in 4:3, strange it was widescreen on sky and 4:3 on cable

No, it was 4:3 on sky too.

CYMRAES

Novice Member
No, it was 4:3 on sky too.
I watched it in widescreen!

I still can't get over the picture, especially with the clips from driver's view! Can't wait to watch the Grand Prix tomorrow :smashin:

A

andyman136

I wish i could watch on my tosh 37wlt58. got mine last monday stoped working first day.:( will have to record the f1 on my sky+ box. get my new one tuesday i hope, any one see planet earth now thats amazing.

clockworks

Novice Member
CYMRAES said:
I watched it in widescreen!

I still can't get over the picture, especially with the clips from driver's view! Can't wait to watch the Grand Prix tomorrow :smashin:
Was it a true widescreen picture, or a stretched 4:3?

Digiguide lists F1 on ITV as 4:3.

What were you using to receive the picture - analogue, freeview, sky or cable, and what channel?

jwramsay

clockworks said:

What were you using to receive the picture - analogue, freeview, sky or cable, and what channel?
Who got pole?

CYMRAES

Novice Member

Ever so sorry, I think it was 4:3 - you're right, but hey what quality if they broadcast widescreen! I was watching it Freeview and sky - not to confuse you, I am deciding whether to ditch sky altogether as I can't tell difference in the quality!

The new qualifying is brilliant, but I'm afraid Rackinen is having bad luck from start! But hey, Button is in 3rd position. I hope tomorrow's action will prove as good on my tv as it was today. I really didn't think it would be SO good, the depth of picture superb. :smashin:

Louis Mazzini

Throughout last year's season, I always watched the F1 GPs on ITV terrestrial rather than Sky because of the huge difference in picture quality: On Sky the surface of the tracks looked horrible, just a grey smear lacking the detail of the analogue broadcast.

Also, it took the F1 world years to get up to speed and broadcast in stereo - they've been the same with widescreen and, from the qualifying session today for the first race of the season, it now looks like we're stuck in 4:3 for another year. I just hope the quality of the racing makes up for the lack of it in the broadcasts. Fat chance, I know...

Epicurus

This is something I've noticed ever since owning an LCD. General picture quality of Sky broadcasts is crap, just goes to show what cost cutting money grabbing bastards they are. The BBC and ITV by contrast have excellent SD pictures.

Dogboats

Standard Member
Epicurus said:
This is something I've noticed ever since owning an LCD. General picture quality of Sky broadcasts is crap, just goes to show what cost cutting money grabbing bastards they are. The BBC and ITV by contrast have excellent SD pictures.
My young son and I watched the launch show for CITV yesterday which was transmitted simultaneously on both the ITV Freeview channel and the new CITV Freeview channel.

The ITV PQ was reasonable but the CITV PQ was terrible. It just goes to show what a big difference the transmission bit-rate makes.

(BTW - I thought CITV was cr*p and I ended up complaining to OFCOM about the inappropriate mock violence that the presenters did during the show :nono: :thumbsdow ).

Tef

hey guys do you all use scart for sky input? my 42 is coming this week, i wonder which one to use (comopsite or scart)

clockworks

Novice Member
Tef said:
hey guys do you all use scart for sky input? my 42 is coming this week, i wonder which one to use (comopsite or scart)

Use the scart.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom