ITV-F1 - Dead Pixel ?

Monkey1

Standard Member
Hi,

Having watched the last two GP's (manually recorded on Sky HD) - I seem to have what I can only describe as a dead pixel slightly above an to the right of the centre of the screen - but this is only on ITV-F1 :confused:

Other live and recorded content from ITV1 is fine, as are all other channels (live & recorded). It's not a problem with the screen, and it isn't a fly landing on Steve Rider's head.

I haven't found any entries from anyone else on this, so I guess I could be the only one :eek:

Anyone else seen the same thing ?

bytesize

Funny you posted this, I too noticed something that looked like a stuck pixel when watching this on Sunday evening ... having recorded it on my Sky HD box .. like you - its only on ITV -F1 ?????

Will monitor and report back

CaffeineJunkie

was it a normal recording or did you set up a manual recording?
did you lock the recording?

What I'm getting at here is did you have to enter your pin to watch the recording? If so then it's a known issue that has nothing to do with F1.

If not then I don't know, as I missed the F1.

Bachstrad

Hi,

Having watched the last two GP's (manually recorded on Sky HD) - I seem to have what I can only describe as a dead pixel slightly above an to the right of the centre of the screen - but this is only on ITV-F1 :confused:

Other live and recorded content from ITV1 is fine, as are all other channels (live & recorded). It's not a problem with the screen, and it isn't a fly landing on Steve Rider's head.

I haven't found any entries from anyone else on this, so I guess I could be the only one :eek:

Anyone else seen the same thing ?

Have a look here ;)

ATB

Max

Giblets2

Or to save you time, just start playing the manual recording back and immediaitely rewind so it stops, then play and... 'no fly'!

Monkey1

Standard Member
All, thanks for the updates - yes, it's a manual recording that wants a PIN entered before playback. I haven't been at home to watch it live an compare.

I obviously didn't do enough searching before posting :oops:

Dave911

Can someone tell me where to find F1 in HD I didn'y know ITV was in HD.
F1 would be great.

TIA,
LA

ITV do not transmit in HD (not now anyway they did do a trial in the London area I think). The only way to get it in HD would be from different satellites, ie some of the German channels carry it in HD, but that means a different box etc.
TBH its too damn complicated, so I am affraid you will just have to suffer like the rest of us - unless of course you have a fantastic satellite setup that may well be able to source it.

Sorry :thumbsdow

CaffeineJunkie

Can someone tell me where to find F1 in HD I didn'y know ITV was in HD.
F1 would be great.

TIA,
LA

Probably a little confusing why this was on the HD forum. F1 isn't in HD but the dead pixel bug is only a problem with HD boxes, so the post was in the right place after all.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom