ITV Digital payment.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Lex, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

What are your thoughts about ITV Digital at the moment? I am due to pay my next months subscription later this week (£28) and as I understand it I am paying for a month in advance, but is it worth it? Are they gonna be switched off next weeks leaving me out of pocket?

What are the rest of you doing? Any thoughts?

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just heard they have another week so they can have further talks with the football league.

If it's direct debit not a lot you can do but to cancel it, but if you pay cash at a bank you could hold back on the payment till you know more whats happening next week.

It's anyones guess whats going to happen, you could always send your £28 to Cambridge UTD........:D

3. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it ALL subscriptions paid once the administrators were appointed are 'safe' n the event of the business closing down. They will be refunded prorata - how long you have to wait is another matter.

If you withold payment I guess they can just as easily withold service to you.

Andy

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    As a point of interest are you aware that the set top boxes can be purchased free of contract obligation for £99.Food for though for anyone considering a Pace.

5. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where are they available for £99 and what versions?

Only saw a forum link to someone selling Nokia boxes a while back and they now seem to be out of stock...

Cheers,
    Andy

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  7. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep thats the one - the Nokia doesn't appear to be available any longer and the Pioneer ( only one I could find listed ( in Satellite section as well!! ) is listed as £169.00 as a price 'reduction' from £99.00!!! If they are meaning the other way round that is has been the same error for a while !

Andy

8. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you will find that even though ITV dig break off contracts at the drop of a hat if they don't feel like paying the money they promised (ie stuffing the football clubs), they will fight like tooth and nail for your money.

So the full 12 months or one months notice after that, I cancelled my direct debit after I could watch the channels that I paid for, and I couldn't get through on the helpline.

Strange thing is that according to the woman from ITV dig, I've never complained about the service, she told me that she knew so because there were no records on the computer.

Anyhow if you do cancel watch out for this scam, I cancelled, woman tells me will will collect the box on a certain day. I ask for an alternative coz I won't be in, she refuses. Day comes and goes, then I get another bill for another months viewing. Eventually go that knocked off.

If you are not preparred to take a day off work you have to pay postage and insurance to send it back, (a guy at ITV dig di say they would pay but wouldn't you beleive it, the woman had no record of this call on her computer).

I paid for a months "viewing" even though I couldn't view a thing coz the card hadn't refreshed.

The rules of this forum forbid me saying what I truely think of this shower.