ITV Digi customers

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hornydragon, May 24, 2002.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to see NTL sponsoring the footie (think about it ;)) :D:D

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a phone call on friday from NTL asking me about my old ITV digital account, ie what channels I got, how much I payed ETC.
    Then came the sales pitch, what If I can offer you this and that ETC. I cant remember what exactly they where offering but It was a special deal to EX ITV digital customers.
    Are NTL really as [email protected] as people say?
    There phoning me back today

4. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The deal should be 1/2 price family pack or 1/2 price all channels.

We've just taken the family pack for £13 a month for 12 months with the talk anytime £8 phone giveing free evening and weekend calls for upto 1 hr at a time ( ANY landline network ! )

Initial impressions:

Positive:
    Value for money
    TV e-mail
    Limited Internet Free

Negative:
    No Caller ID on telephone
    TV e-mail buggy
    1000 series box ( CR2 OS ) seems buggy on 'Interactive'
    NO teletext
    Red button locks up box
    Interactive is a VERY poor system - not upto ITV Digital standard even let alone SKY despite having the best medium for getting interactive content to work - ie high speed fixed cable!
    No TV volume control despite remote having volume control

The Interactive/No teletext has to be my biggest gripe at present VERY poor service in that context.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Get a 4000 series box, say that your 1000 keeps over heating and crashing, in Cardiff ntl are V,good in my opinion, especially as they forgot to charge me for a cable modem for 9 months!!!:D But Cardiff do seem to be the exception:( as ntl is franchised it depends on your region but the full monty, TV, phone, Broadband is a very attractive deal compared to ADSL which is horribly expensive, and SKY and a BT LINE, Even better if you dont have the SKY Premium channels. They seriously push the cost up.

6. AndyFox

AndyFox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried to get 4000 off install engineer and he would have anything of it - stated they were all the same 1000/2000/4000 and infact the 4000 doesn't have phono outs on it...

Is that the case?

So overheating and interactive failing a 'feature' of the 1000/rebadged as 2000 boxes?

Andy

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    2000 are rebaged 1000 4000 dont have phono out but a scart cable with extra phono out plugs sorts that out so not really a problem, had a 4000 from the start so dont know about the others, search for my I hate ntl post, the interactive came online just before I cancelled (moving house out of cabled area)