1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itv 3

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Julie Winston, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Popped up on the Freeview last night. Another channel on which you can watch repeats break up due to lack of band width...

Julie

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Julie, do you have problems with Freeview then? The picture on mine is rock solid, have you got a digital Ariel? or are you using your standard one?

gary

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,277
    The more stations they stick on, the less bandwidth will be available and the worse the picture will get, at least that is what I have been told.

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    when i dumped Sky last year :clap: i bought a freeview box and a bloody big digital ariel and i have to say its been fab. The picture is as lovely as you like. certainly cant think of any reason to have sky anymore.

my motto - Love TV, Hate Sky

Gary

5. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We use the standard arial and that seems OK. Some of our neighbours have the monster arials but our rigger looked at the signal strength and said that there was enough signal.

We don't get all of the channel. Missing Oneword at the moment - and the intenet service has been suspended for maintenance

Julie

6. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    cool itv3 has finally launched eh? what number it on?

7. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    43 or 34 on Freeview - can't remember which

8. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  9. JonathanKnight

JonathanKnight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen abc1. It is all old US sit com type stuff, Moonlighting, Ellen, etc. The ad breaks get very annoying as they come on literally minutes after a program starts. The ads just seem to be montages of clips from other shows they are running so it gets really confusing to keep track of which show you are actually watching. It is only on during the day up until 6pm.

10. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I'm fed up with Sky as well and have just cancelled my subscription. It really isn't value for money. What (GOOD) free channels will I be able to get on my digibox now?

11. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Oh, they've kept the US style ad breaks. I remember them fitting three ad breaks into the Simpsons when I've watched tv in the States (and Canada).

It was very annoying. You sit down to watch (so catching the end of an ad break). Opening credits followed by ad break. Then the show, then a midway ad berak. Then ALMOST all of the rest of the show. Ad break. About 5 seconds of show and the closing credits.
    Sometimes it went straight from the last ad break into closing credits but you had to watch in case there was that last joke squeezed in.

Guess I won't be watching abc1

12. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506
    For some reason my digi box in our bedroom has installed ITV3 on channels 34 & 35, yet on the other two it only comes up on channel 34 which is where it should be!!!! :confused:

13. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I can't understand why ITV need a 3rd channel, after all they only have a couple of hours of decent programs a week spread between the existing 2.
    Does this mean we are going to get more re-runs of "Drunken rednecks driving pickup trucks being chased by police" and "idiots doing stupid things" ?
    ;)

14. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

2 hours a week thats Too generous :laugh:

15. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mislead you, we have only got the 'ITV3 is coming' screen, no pictures yet

Julie

16. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    These ad brakes serve a very important purpose in the states. If your average American is denied access to snack foods for more than 8 minutes at a time other people in the vicintity of said American are at risk of cannibalisation.

Why do you think twinkies look like babies' arms?

17. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And the titles keep appearing all of the way through the first section. How many producers can they need?

18. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I must be in the minority here, because I actually like ITV3, despite its older sibling stations being as lousy as they always have been!

I watch a lot of the US shows on ITV3 (e.g. Hack, Dragnet, The Practice, Crossing Jordan, and especially Crime Story), but also the long-desired repeats of the amazing UK series "Robin Of Sherwood" as well.

I don't know why everyone complains about ITV3 so much. I know it would be nice if these shows were put on ITV1, but then they'd be shoved into the crack of the late-night schedules, and probably wouldn't get aired correctly - which is what happened with many US shows in recent years. Numerous US shows start airing on ITV1, but get :censored: around the schedules, and then dropped. At least with ITV3, you can get to see them at a reasonably hour, and on a regular basis. I'd rather niche shows get put on smaller channels at reasonable times, than buried in the main channel's schedules, where no one (but me) can ever find them. (This is one of the reasons why I started doing my monthly, and now, weekly TV updates, on this very forum - so that other people can watch some of the excellent hidden gems, that can be found lurking in the dark corners of the TV schedules.)

Having said that, I do think ITV2 is a waste of space - with the possible exception of "Judge Judy" which is bloody hilarious! :rotfl: It will be interesting to see what happens when ITV4 comes on-air, later in the Autumn of 2005!

Pooch

19. COCOPOPS1975

COCOPOPS1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) HI ALL

SOUNDS LIKE U ALL LIKE YOU FREEVIEW BOX (IF THATS THE RIGHT TERM FOR IT :rolleyes: ) I AM PRESENTLY WITH NTL AND WANT TO SAVE MONEY BY GETTING RID OF THEM. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT WHAT CHANNELS I GET WITH THE FREEVIEW BOX ? DONT WANT TO LOSE E4 :thumbsup:
    SORRY HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY WORK AT THE MOMENT MY EXTERNAL TV ARIEL GIVES AN AWEFUL PICTURE, WILL I NEED TO GET THIS SORTED? OR DOES THE FREEVIEW BOX WORK LIKE THE NTL BOX AND I GET ALL THE PICTURES THROUGH A DIFFERNT ARIAL ?
    PLEASE HELP THANKS

20. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Well thats me completely deaf then.

DON"T SHOUT (don't use capitals unecessarily...it equates to shouting in posting ettiquette).

21. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

E4 and E4+1 are now available on free view. If you have a bad analogue picture with your current ariel, then you made need to up grade it to a new one.
    There are post code checkers on the internet that will give you some idear as to weather you can get free view or not , but these checkers are not right all the time. It told me I could not receive free view and yet I managed to get almost full signal on all channels once I had upgraded my ariel.
    If you get a new ariel make sure you use a C.A.I registered installer.

Dave.

22. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214