1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by kevH, Oct 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Being a very very new user of an Ipod Nano (well the missus) just a quick question, what if i were to get the another Ipod how does itunes allow this ie can 2 ipods share the same itunes on one PC??(the little one now wants one :eek: )

Has it the facility for 2 seperate libraries and does it recognise which Ipod is connected to the pc ?

Forgive the ignorance but she finally gave in and became one of the white sheep following the rest :smashin:

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a machine that runs windows xp (maybes other versions too) you can create new users for when you log on. for example you might have yourself as a user and your son as a user. When you log into your own user, itunes can operate separately from the other user, this enables you to have totally separate libraries from one another to either listen to or to use with your ipods. Any music files that you either download or copy through itunes will remain in the specific users folder and will not have any affect on another users library.

Itunes only needs installing once (i guess youve already done that anyway), whenever you create a new windows user an icon will appear on their desktop which will link to the itunes software.

3. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Cheers Lukey looks like you just cost me another £179 the answer i was looking for was NO !!!!! :thumbsdow

:rotfl: :rotfl:

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well you could always say its for christmas (the ipod that is) :)

5. kimmie

kimmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iTunes allows different iPods to be connected, and you just drag and drop the songs from your library. You can just use the same iTunes, set up seperate playlists for each user.