iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

To anyone that uses movies anywhere, just wanted to let you know it’s possible to have titles removed from your library for whatever reason. I had a title I wanted removed… contacted them on live chat, and within a few minutes the title was gone from my library.
What was the reason you wanted it removed?

What was the reason you wanted it removed?
I’d reached that point where I stupidly had duplicates. Lol.

On my U.K. iTunes I bought the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Then today someone offered me the dark knight rises (movies anywhere), and it ported to my US iTunes.

My ocd hated the fact I had the dark knight rises in 2 iTunes accounts, so I contacted them and got it removed from movies anywhere.

Just good to know, as a lot of what I first read online was that titles can’t be hidden or removed.

I’d reached that point where I stupidly had duplicates. Lol.

On my U.K. iTunes I bought the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Then today someone offered me the dark knight rises (movies anywhere), and it ported to my US iTunes.

My ocd hated the fact I had the dark knight rises in 2 iTunes accounts, so I contacted them and got it removed from movies anywhere.

Just good to know, as a lot of what I first read online was that titles can’t be hidden or removed.
You can hide titles in your iTunes library using iTunes via windows.

You can hide titles in your iTunes library using iTunes via windows.
Yeh I knew about that… my actual iTunes dark knight rises is 4k. The movies anywhere one was only HD, so it’s him I needed to get rid of. Lol

I would have just hidden it in iTunes & left it available in MA, just in case you ever switch to Prime-Video, or heaven forbid Google-Play-Movies or M$-Movies.

I had to CALL Vudu to revoke a mistaken purchase once, thought that was a PITA, had to call them & they said they'd do it ONCE as a courtesy, since I hadn't watched it & had only purchased it a few minutes before realizing it was the remake of Predator & not the original.

BTW, Chronicle is on sale today for $5, HD:

I would have just hidden it in iTunes & left it available in MA, just in case you ever switch to Prime-Video, or heaven forbid Google-Play-Movies or M$-Movies.

I had to CALL Vudu to revoke a mistaken purchase once, thought that was a PITA, had to call them & they said they'd do it ONCE as a courtesy, since I hadn't watched it & had only purchased it a few minutes before realizing it was the remake of Predator & not the original.

BTW, Chronicle is on sale today for $5, HD:

See what you’re saying…. But I just couldn’t hide a 4k and leave myself an HD. Especially as my other two Nolan Batman movies would be 4k.

Wait, what?
You couldn't have hidden the HD edition?

Wait, what?
You couldn't have hidden the HD edition?
I don’t think you can hide in movies anywhere. Only in iTunes.

Think movies anywhere, it’s either have it, or ask them to get rid of it.

I'm not commenting about hiding it on MA, I'm commenting about hiding it on iTunes:

To be honest I wasn’t sure if movies anywhere films that port to iTunes would show up if I went onto a pc and went into iTunes where you hide movies.

I had two copies and now have one, so my ocd is happy. Lol

You can, I bought this film from Amazon, but I'm able to hide it on iTunes:
1642940798178.png

The Nolan Batman is the only one I'm interested in & lucky for me Vudu had a sale 3 for $15, so I grabbed all 3 in UHD.

I also got the prequel, Joker, that's just a weird & depressing film!

The Nolan Batman is the only one I'm interested in & lucky for me Vudu had a sale 3 for $15, so I grabbed all 3 in UHD.

I also got the prequel, Joker, that's just a weird & depressing film!
Yeh it’s a good trilogy! Got them pretty cheap myself.

Saw joker recently. Enjoyed it, but like you said, yeh, quite weird at times.

Just side loaded MoviesAnywhere App on my Sony 77A80J. Works like a charm.

Fanflix regularly has $4.99 offers (need US paypay/card however)
I bought 7 films on there tonight for $5 each. The card that came with my Dune 2021 UHD set had a FanFlix offer, which if I'm being honest I had completely forgotten about FF.

Saw joker recently. Enjoyed it, but like you said, yeh, quite weird at times.
We're watching another Joaquin movie tonight called 'You Were Never Really Here', & the relationship with his mother is almost mirror image.

Hey all. Quick Google Play question for you good and knowledgable peeps…….

Since Google Play got updated, the old method of switching to the US Google play site (just add in the country code in the url) doesn’t seem to work. Now when you click redeem on the US site, for some reason (probably to stop exactly what I’m trying to do to be honest!), it automatically brings you back to the UK site to input the code, meaning the code doesn’t work.

Has anyone come across a new workaround to be able to input a US GP code into US GP from the UK?

Cheers all!

Can you not redeem US codes on Movies Anywhere? If you have it that is, it's a fun time setting an account up if you haven't.

Can you not redeem US codes on Movies Anywhere? If you have it that is, it's a fun time setting an account up if you haven't.
Thanks mate. Yeah I do, but I've bought a GP only code from a vendor so has to redeem in GP (tried in both MA and iTunes to no avail!).

Hey all. Quick Google Play question for you good and knowledgable peeps…….

Since Google Play got updated, the old method of switching to the US Google play site (just add in the country code in the url) doesn’t seem to work. Now when you click redeem on the US site, for some reason (probably to stop exactly what I’m trying to do to be honest!), it automatically brings you back to the UK site to input the code, meaning the code doesn’t work.

Has anyone come across a new workaround to be able to input a US GP code into US GP from the UK?

Cheers all!
This is annoying, I'd previously used the workaround for redeeming Canadian as well as US GP codes.

Have posted a thread in the bluray.com forum to see if anybody has any ideas, however it looks like it's ended for the time being

This is annoying, I'd previously used the workaround for redeeming Canadian as well as US GP codes.

Have posted a thread in the bluray.com forum to see if anybody has any ideas, however it looks like it's ended for the time being
Cheers chief. It was a great workaround and those GP codes were nice and cheap but that's a ballache. Fingers crossed we can get a workaround........boo.

Does anyone know if theres a way to still redeem UK Universal codes? I got one the other day and it redeemed on their site but Google Play said it was expired.

Does anyone know if theres a way to still redeem UK Universal codes? I got one the other day and it redeemed on their site but Google Play said it was expired.
GP codes from multiple studios started being rejected since start of January. Google originally said there was a bug that was being investigated, before then saying that all of the codes being rejected had expired, and tough luck.

They also locked the support thread, to stop any more negative comments, and seem to have washed their hands of the matter.....

Many recent 4K HDR codes redeemed via MA ports into GP as 4K SDR or HD. So stopped bothering with GP. The only one that is better on GP is 22 Jump Street as it is 4K SDR as opposed to HD on other platforms lol.

GP codes from multiple studios started being rejected since start of January. Google originally said there was a bug that was being investigated, before then saying that all of the codes being rejected had expired, and tough luck.

They also locked the support thread, to stop any more negative comments, and seem to have washed their hands of the matter.....

Thanks, might contact universal see if they'll give me an iTunes code. They were doing that at the end when codes weren't working.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom