iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
To anyone that uses movies anywhere, just wanted to let you know it’s possible to have titles removed from your library for whatever reason. I had a title I wanted removed… contacted them on live chat, and within a few minutes the title was gone from my library.
What was the reason you wanted it removed?

jambomakaveli

What was the reason you wanted it removed?
I’d reached that point where I stupidly had duplicates. Lol.

On my U.K. iTunes I bought the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Then today someone offered me the dark knight rises (movies anywhere), and it ported to my US iTunes.

My ocd hated the fact I had the dark knight rises in 2 iTunes accounts, so I contacted them and got it removed from movies anywhere.

Just good to know, as a lot of what I first read online was that titles can’t be hidden or removed.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I’d reached that point where I stupidly had duplicates. Lol.

On my U.K. iTunes I bought the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Then today someone offered me the dark knight rises (movies anywhere), and it ported to my US iTunes.

My ocd hated the fact I had the dark knight rises in 2 iTunes accounts, so I contacted them and got it removed from movies anywhere.

Just good to know, as a lot of what I first read online was that titles can’t be hidden or removed.
You can hide titles in your iTunes library using iTunes via windows.

jambomakaveli

You can hide titles in your iTunes library using iTunes via windows.
Yeh I knew about that… my actual iTunes dark knight rises is 4k. The movies anywhere one was only HD, so it’s him I needed to get rid of. Lol

KBD

I would have just hidden it in iTunes & left it available in MA, just in case you ever switch to Prime-Video, or heaven forbid Google-Play-Movies or M$-Movies.

I had to CALL Vudu to revoke a mistaken purchase once, thought that was a PITA, had to call them & they said they'd do it ONCE as a courtesy, since I hadn't watched it & had only purchased it a few minutes before realizing it was the remake of Predator & not the original.

BTW, Chronicle is on sale today for $5, HD:

jambomakaveli

I would have just hidden it in iTunes & left it available in MA, just in case you ever switch to Prime-Video, or heaven forbid Google-Play-Movies or M$-Movies.

I had to CALL Vudu to revoke a mistaken purchase once, thought that was a PITA, had to call them & they said they'd do it ONCE as a courtesy, since I hadn't watched it & had only purchased it a few minutes before realizing it was the remake of Predator & not the original.

BTW, Chronicle is on sale today for $5, HD:

See what you’re saying…. But I just couldn’t hide a 4k and leave myself an HD. Especially as my other two Nolan Batman movies would be 4k.

KBD

Wait, what?
You couldn't have hidden the HD edition?

jambomakaveli

Wait, what?
You couldn't have hidden the HD edition?
I don’t think you can hide in movies anywhere. Only in iTunes.

Think movies anywhere, it’s either have it, or ask them to get rid of it.

jambomakaveli

I'm not commenting about hiding it on MA, I'm commenting about hiding it on iTunes:

To be honest I wasn’t sure if movies anywhere films that port to iTunes would show up if I went onto a pc and went into iTunes where you hide movies.

I had two copies and now have one, so my ocd is happy. Lol

KBD

You can, I bought this film from Amazon, but I'm able to hide it on iTunes:
1642940798178.png

KBD

The Nolan Batman is the only one I'm interested in & lucky for me Vudu had a sale 3 for $15, so I grabbed all 3 in UHD.

I also got the prequel, Joker, that's just a weird & depressing film!

jambomakaveli

The Nolan Batman is the only one I'm interested in & lucky for me Vudu had a sale 3 for $15, so I grabbed all 3 in UHD.

I also got the prequel, Joker, that's just a weird & depressing film!
Yeh it’s a good trilogy! Got them pretty cheap myself.

Saw joker recently. Enjoyed it, but like you said, yeh, quite weird at times.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Just side loaded MoviesAnywhere App on my Sony 77A80J. Works like a charm.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom