iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
sorry but i have been looking for a while before i posted, looking to redeem a couple of aus codes into my sons google account, now i have done this before loads of times but now am stumped can anyone help i think it was something like change the country code on google but i cant find the link to it
Thanks
All you do is change the country code in the URL (these are the last two letters of the URL rwhich country the store belongs to) - the UK store has 'en' as its country code, the US changes this to 'us' (obvs) and for Australia, replace this with 'au': link below (no VPN is needed either).

Movies & TV on Google Play

Hope that’s what you’re after chief.

Smurf100

Not working wrong country also tried changing the uk in the address to aus and going through vpn but still nogo
Did you click on my link? In any event it should take you to:

1610895272958.png

i.e. the web address at the top ends with 'AU' which is Australia, and the prices for movies etc are now in aussie dollars

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Anyone here knows how to create Google Play US account? I tried via VPN. It doesn't show country but I see an option to switch to UK which means the account belongs to a different country presumably US. Asking because I bought a cheap GP code which redeemed in this account (not in my UK account) but it didn't port to MA.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Anyone here knows how to create Google Play US account? I tried via VPN. It doesn't show country but I see an option to switch to UK which means the account belongs to a different country presumably US. Asking because I bought a cheap GP code which redeemed in this account (not in my UK account) but it didn't port to MA.
If it’s a US or CA code then you could’ve just redeemed it in your UK account by using the following web addresses which providing it’s an MA title should flow through.
A05BBEC6-C4FA-4DB0-85A6-0EAFECB08C2D.jpeg

lgans316

Distinguished Member
If it’s a US or CA code then you could’ve just redeemed it in your UK account by using the following web addresses which providing it’s an MA title should flow through.
View attachment 1448971

Ah okay. Thanks mate.

I used the US link but somehow it didn't port into MA. I re-linked YouTube account in MA and it did port the films from MA into my new Google account but the reverse port didn't happen.

Smurf100

Also, Canadian Fox GP codes, as well as recently issued Sony ones, won't port to MA. Plus there are some odd ones that simply don't port, without any obvious reason such as the distributor.

Finally beware as you may have problems ever upgrading them in the future from HD to 4K, at least via a US itunes purchase

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Ah okay. Thanks mate.

I used the US link but somehow it didn't port into MA. I re-linked YouTube account in MA and it did port the films from MA into my new Google account but the reverse port didn't happen.
I guess it could all depend on how Google flag them up.
Also just with some iTunes codes they just redeem direct to library and bypass the store listing completely.

spadge006

Just want to say thanks to smurf100 for setting a movies anywhere account, he's a top guy and wouldn't take any money for doing it, I've bought about 50 films in the last 2 days for like 2-4 dollars it's crazy

spadge006

I've only been buying USA iTunes 4k films so far I know they work 100% with my American account, does anyone know if I can redeem vudu 4k codes on there website and they will show up on my iTunes via MA, sure I read they sometimes come thru only in HD and its putting me off cheers

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I've only been buying USA iTunes 4k films so far I know they work 100% with my American account, does anyone know if I can redeem vudu 4k codes on there website and they will show up on my iTunes via MA, sure I read they sometimes come thru only in HD and its putting me off cheers
Check out the spreadsheet fella as that’ll tell you what can be redeemed where to get 4K.
Edit: ooh that’s clever, never knew you could scroll and view the spreadsheet within a forum post 🤯

Last edited:

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Hey guys, ive never used my digital codes before that came with the physicals but now im looking at starting to redeem them if they havnt expired. It seems MA is the way to go is this correct ?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Hey guys, ive never used my digital codes before that came with the physicals but now im looking at starting to redeem them if they havnt expired. It seems MA is the way to go is this correct ?
That all depends on which country you’re referring to?
If they’re US codes then via MA will all depend on if they’re from a supporting studio otherwise Vudu may be able to redeem them unless they’re iTunes codes then direct into iTunes.
If they’re UK codes then you may be out of luck as as Ultraviolet no longer exists so you’ll just have to follow the instructions on the slip to see if you get diverted to Google for redemption or not.
If they’re iTunes codes then you should be able to still redeem directly into iTunes, some do require following the link on the slip which then diverts to iTunes.

Mensy

Distinguished Member
That all depends on which country you’re referring to?
If they’re US codes then via MA will all depend on if they’re from a supporting studio otherwise Vudu may be able to redeem them unless they’re iTunes codes then direct into iTunes.
If they’re UK codes then you may be out of luck as as Ultraviolet no longer exists so you’ll just have to follow the instructions on the slip to see if you get diverted to Google for redemption or not.
If they’re iTunes codes then you should be able to still redeem directly into iTunes, some do require following the link on the slip which then diverts to iTunes.
Most of my collection is UK.

Ive just went to redeem Batman Vs Superman which is a ultravoilet code and it sent me to google play. What happens if i have itune ones too ? i would like them all in one location ideally is that not possible ? Sounds like MA would be ideal but looks like US only

Looks like its only 480p supposed to be HD

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Most of my collection is UK.

Ive just went to redeem Batman Vs Superman which is a ultravoilet code and it sent me to google play. What happens if i have itune ones too ? i would like them all in one location ideally is that not possible ? Sounds like MA would be ideal but looks like US only

Looks like its only 480p supposed to be HD
iTunes can only be redeemed in iTunes, so no it’s not possible to have them in all the one account.
Yes MA is only in the US which is an ideal solution to an extent but not all studios take part so some will only be playable via iTunes like anything from Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM for example.
Unfortunately we’re unlikely to see anything like MA in the UK anytime soon.
Quality of playback does tend to depend on what you’re playing back on as Batman v Superman plays in 1080p via YouTube on my Apple TV whereas via my Panasonic TV it’s only 480p.

Mensy

Distinguished Member
iTunes can only be redeemed in iTunes, so no it’s not possible to have them in all the one account.
Yes MA is only in the US which is an ideal solution to an extent but not all studios take part so some will only be playable via iTunes like anything from Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM for example.
Unfortunately we’re unlikely to see anything like MA in the UK anytime soon.
Quality of playback does tend to depend on what you’re playing back on as Batman v Superman plays in 1080p via YouTube on my Apple TV whereas via my Panasonic TV it’s only 480p.
Thank you for your help most appreciated. Seems abit pointless me getting a MA account then unless i start buying my digital content from the states

Mensy

Distinguished Member

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Heads up to all you MA account holders.........

Just had two very nice emails from MA saying I had earned the choice from one free Sony movie AND one free Universal movie!!!!

Choices included Final Fantasy Spirits Within, Happy Gilmore, Pride and Prejudice, Tower Heist, Pompeii, Runaway, Pitch Perfect, etc. Apparently buy one/redeem one MA title, get one free from the same studio, redeemed via MA. Applies to WB and Disney films too.

Note - there are some films bizarrely excluded but check out the app too, its on there.

Still.....lovely! Free films y'alls!!!!!

Last edited:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Heads up to all you MA account holders.........

Just had two very nice emails from MA saying I had earned the choice from one free Sony movie AND one free Universal movie!!!!

Choices included Final Fantasy Spirits Within, Happy Gilmore, Pride and Prejudice, Tower Heist, Pompeii, Runaway, Pitch Perfect, etc. Apparently buy one/redeem one MA title, get one free from the same studio, redeemed via MA. Applies to WB and Disney films too.

Note - there are some films bizarrely excluded but check out the app too, its on there.

Still.....lovely! Free films y'alls!!!!!
Not had one from MA but have had one from Sony
29D67AB6-E341-45F6-A860-ED8D89D181A3.jpeg

Coz22998

Distinguished Member

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Yep that’s the bad boy........same offer run from each participating studio.......here’s what it is from the MA app:

View attachment 1489985
Yeah just seen it in the app.
There are some exclusions:
EXCLUSIONS: You will NOT be entitled to receive a bonus movie as part of this offer if you purchase one of the following movies: Bad Boys for Life, Call Me By Your Name, Grown Ups 2, Hotel Transylvania 2, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Jumanji: The Next Level, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Little Things, Matilda (1996), Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Raya and the Last Dragon, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Soul, Spider-Man 2 (2004), Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, Step Brothers, Tenet, The Empty Man, The Equalizer, The Equalizer 2, This is the End, Venom, Wonder Woman 84, Zombieland: Double Tap

You may purchase only one (1) eligible movie distributed by each participating studio to receive a bonus movie from that studio. Multiple purchases of movies distributed by a single studio will not entitle you to multiple bonus movies from such studio. If you already have the bonus movie in your Movies Anywhere account, a duplicate movie will not be delivered to your account unless the bonus movie is a higher resolution. If you receive a refund from the participating digital retailer for the purchase of the eligible movie, the bonus movie may be removed from your Movies Anywhere account. The digital code for your bonus movie may be used only once, is non-transferrable, and cannot be sold. The unauthorized sale, distribution, purchase, or transfer of the digital code in a manner inconsistent with Movies Anywhere’s Terms of Use or the terms of use of the issuer of the digital code is prohibited. No cash value or cash back. Cannot be combined with other codes or promotions. Void where prohibited.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney picks up Sony's cinema releases post Netflix in US
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony unveils X-Series wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 21st April 2021