iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

mckee74

Distinguished Member
So setting up a Movies Anywhere account.

I've created the US iTunes account, added it to my Apple TV and downloaded the app.

Trying to create an actual account. Do I need a VPN to create one? I'm a bit lost.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
So setting up a Movies Anywhere account.

I've created the US iTunes account, added it to my Apple TV and downloaded the app.

Trying to create an actual account. Do I need a VPN to create one? I'm a bit lost.
Yes you need a VPN to setup the Movies Anywhere account, there’s a few methods mentioned in the FAQ in post 1.
Once setup you no longer need a VPN for Movies Anywhere.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Cheers folks. I've never used a VPN in my life, but I have a day off on Thursday so guess it's time to learn!

mckee74

Distinguished Member

Smurf100

Cheers folks. I've never used a VPN in my life, but I have a day off on Thursday so guess it's time to learn!
If you're struggling, send me a PM with an email address, and I'll see if I can set an account up for you.

However, in any event, I'd recommend getting to grips with a basic free VPN like Windscribe in due course, as all the best digital movie deals at present are for Vudu Instawatch titles (many of which port to MA) and you need a VPN to access Vudu to create an account as well as to redeem these.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
If you're struggling, send me a PM with an email address, and I'll see if I can set an account up for you.

However, in any event, I'd recommend getting to grips with a basic free VPN like Windscribe in due course, as all the best digital movie deals at present are for Vudu Instawatch titles (many of which port to MA) and you need a VPN to access Vudu to create an account as well as to redeem these.
It's on my list to learn. Just need to get my head around it. I used to be totally on top of things, but the world has passed me by somewhat. It's a tad tragic. I'm getting old.

In the meantime, I thank you for your kind offer. I will send you a PM, and thank you in advance for whatever you can do. Cheers.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
I just wanted to say publicly a bit thank you to Andrew for helping me out with a Movies Anywhere account. Saved me a lot of time (and no doubt swearing) so thank you. Credit to the forum.

Last question now. Promise. I get the part about buying direct from iTunes means it can be upgraded to 4k as/when an upgrade is available. I wondered if I specifically buy what is advertised as an itunes HD iTunes code, when a 4k version is already available will I get the upgrade or would I be right thinking I wouldn't as I have chosen to buy the HD code? Punishment for being cheap.

Thank you again Andrew, and cheers to all who have answered my questions so far. I am grateful.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
I just wanted to say publicly a bit thank you to Andrew for helping me out with a Movies Anywhere account. Saved me a lot of time (and no doubt swearing) so thank you. Credit to the forum.

Last question now. Promise. I get the part about buying direct from iTunes means it can be upgraded to 4k as/when an upgrade is available. I wondered if I specifically buy what is advertised as an itunes HD iTunes code, when a 4k version is already available will I get the upgrade or would I be right thinking I wouldn't as I have chosen to buy the HD code? Punishment for being cheap.

Thank you again Andrew, and cheers to all who have answered my questions so far. I am grateful.
If it is an actual HD iTunes code then it should redeem in 4k at iTunes. Some codes are sold as iTunes but they're actually MA codes which will pass through to iTunes.

Here's the spreadsheet which should help.

4k / HD Redemption guide

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Well, cheers for the recommendation of Windscribe. That worked well easy. I thought I was going to have change settings and all that jazz. Bizarrely simple, and free. Excellent.

Might even open a VUDU account now so I can link that to MA. Good times. Thank you.

Souljacker99

Just to follow up the above, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed on here. I've got setup with MA, VUDU and got my US iTunes sorted thanks to the advice in the FAQ.
Also the spreadsheet is a great resource for checking what will port and has already saved me from buying a few codes which would have ended up with me having to watch on VUDU which wouldn't have been any good to me with the free VPNs.

TL;DR version, thanks everyone.

Souljacker99

So I've just made my first mistake and ordered a VUDU code from Gameflip which isn't MA compatible. Forgot to check first for some reason.
As I don't have intention of using a VPN to watch movies via VUDU does anyone who does want the code for free?
It might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's for the Jay and Silent Bob reboot movie and I know Kevin Smith can be a bit marmite!

Zephyre

Heya.

Can anyone set up a MoviesAnywhere account for me?
I've tried various vpns and nothing works, not even my trusted expressvpn.
I'm really wanting to redeem my The Hobbit trilogy and it just won't let me sign up, so I can't connect my vudu to the MoviesAnywhere.
I would be so happy to get that in order.

Smurf100

Heya.

Can anyone set up a MoviesAnywhere account for me?
I've tried various vpns and nothing works, not even my trusted expressvpn.
I'm really wanting to redeem my The Hobbit trilogy and it just won't let me sign up, so I can't connect my vudu to the MoviesAnywhere.
I would be so happy to get that in order.
Just replied to your PM

RobTi

sorry but i have been looking for a while before i posted, looking to redeem a couple of aus codes into my sons google account, now i have done this before loads of times but now am stumped can anyone help i think it was something like change the country code on google but i cant find the link to it
Thanks

Smurf100

sorry but i have been looking for a while before i posted, looking to redeem a couple of aus codes into my sons google account, now i have done this before loads of times but now am stumped can anyone help i think it was something like change the country code on google but i cant find the link to it
Thanks
Go to Google Play and then redeem by clicking the link on the left hand side

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney picks up Sony's cinema releases post Netflix in US
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony unveils X-Series wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 21st April 2021