iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

Krill

Hi just wondering if anyone is having any issues redeeming codes on moviesanywhere today as it keeps rejecting them for me although I know the code works. Tried Browsec and tunnelbear as my VPN and same response about the code not being recognised?

All sorted now.

Last edited:

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Hi just wondering if anyone is having any issues redeeming codes on moviesanywhere today as it keeps rejecting them for me although I know the code works. Tried Browsec and tunnelbear as my VPN and same response about the code not being recognised?
You shouldn't need a vpn at all to redeem MA codes.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member

All sorted now.
Are you sure it’s an MA code?
What’s is it you’re trying to redeem?

Krill

Are you sure it’s an MA code?
What’s is it you’re trying to redeem?
Yes it is and I’ve managed to sort it now thank you. It was to do with VPNS staying on even though I’d toggled them off so I uninstalled them and all good :)

Sally92

I've got a copy of the expendables 1 and 2 for itunes redeem.

I redeemed the first one but it only appeared as HD not 4k whereas iTunes has the film in 4k.

Anyone know why it didn't transfer as 4k?

I thought itunes redeem turn to 4k.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I've got a copy of the expendables 1 and 2 for itunes redeem.

I redeemed the first one but it only appeared as HD not 4k whereas iTunes has the film in 4k.

Anyone know why it didn't transfer as 4k?

I thought itunes redeem turn to 4k.
There’s two versions of the first and as far as I’m aware the iTunes code gives you the Extended Directors Cut which is only available in HD.
There is not code available that gives you the Theatrical which would be 4K.
Is it this one that’s in your library?
E77BA83E-32C7-43A4-9535-4C89CFFA77B4.jpeg

I got duped with this one myself but unlike yourself mines in SD 👎

Sally92

There’s two versions of the first and as far as I’m aware the iTunes code gives you the Extended Directors Cut which is only available in HD.
There is not code available that gives you the Theatrical which would be 4K.
Is it this one that’s in your library?
View attachment 1269939
I got duped with this one myself but unlike yourself mines in SD 👎

Actually it was the second expendables film I redeemed but it appears in dolby vision for some strange reason. I didn't think the HD copy would include that.

Any idea why?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Actually it was the second expendables film I redeemed but it appears in dolby vision for some strange reason. I didn't think the HD copy would include that.

Any idea why?
You can still have DV with HD, I don’t have a DV set to test mind but the icons show up next to some of my HD titles.
Are you sure it’s HD? Take a screenshot of the store page.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
This is what I see.
Doesn't actually say HD so could even be SD
Yes that’s definitely SD, it’s only HD codes that will give you 4K.

This one should over right it.

Sally92

Yes that’s definitely SD, it’s only HD codes that will give you 4K.

This one should over right it.

Thanks for letting me know. What a bummer. Any idea how to remove it from my account?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I've got another question hope you can help with.View attachment 1269986
View attachment 1269987
View attachment 1269988
I've got these 2 other copies I purchased. Do you think they will both redeem in 4k? Can they just be redeemed directly through iTunes for best quality?

Thanks for any help.
If they’re HD codes and you redeem them via iTunes then yes they will redeem in 4K.
Some codes will go directly into iTunes, others you have to follow the instructions to get the iTunes redemption.

Sally92

If they’re HD codes and you redeem them via iTunes then yes they will redeem in 4K.
Some codes will go directly into iTunes, others you have to follow the instructions to get the iTunes redemption.
Thanks I just realised the code I was sent doesn't have HD on it. This is what was sent to me. Bit annoyed as the seller didn't mention anything about SD codes.
Screenshot_20200316-104658_Messenger.jpg

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Hey all,

Quick question about Star Wars: A New Hope - I picked up a dirt cheap HD code for Google Play (Canada) yesterday along with codes for a few other SW films (Revenge of the Sith and Empire): both Sith and Empire have ported into MA and on to iTunes, but A New Hope hasn't. I checked all the usual places and A New Hope is always listed as 'MA compatible'.........so just wondered if anyone else has had problems with this title porting. Anything to do with different territories calling it different things - SW Ep4: A New Hope vs SW: A New Hope?

Thanks in advance guys.

Smurf100

Hey all,

Quick question about Star Wars: A New Hope - I picked up a dirt cheap HD code for Google Play (Canada) yesterday along with codes for a few other SW films (Revenge of the Sith and Empire): both Sith and Empire have ported into MA and on to iTunes, but A New Hope hasn't. I checked all the usual places and A New Hope is always listed as 'MA compatible'.........so just wondered if anyone else has had problems with this title porting. Anything to do with different territories calling it different things - SW Ep4: A New Hope vs SW: A New Hope?

Thanks in advance guys.
Isn't the first SW movie (i.e. Episode IV) released by Fox? Canadian Fox GP codes don't port to MA, so that might be the reason.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Isn't the first SW movie (i.e. Episode IV) released by Fox? Canadian Fox GP codes don't port to MA, so that might be the reason.
Thanks chief.......but Revenge of the Sith and Empire did and surely they’re Fox too? Aren’t they? Or are they now Disney? Or maybe only one was Canadian, the others were US.....that still redeemed on GP Canada?????

Ah well no biggy as I’ve ordered the 4K discs, just befuddled why some ported and some didn’t.....

Last edited:

Smurf100

Thanks chief.......but Revenge of the Sith and Empire did and surely they’re Fox too? Aren’t they? Or are they now Disney? Or maybe only one was Canadian, the others were US.....that still redeemed on GP Canada?????

Ah well no biggy as I’ve ordered the 4K discs, just befuddled why some ported and some didn’t.....
I'm not an expert on all this myself at all, however I spotted that US itunes app has Fox as the studio for Part IV:
1586101596428.png

with Lucasfilm as the studio for Parts V onwards:
1586101638476.png

Disney now own both studios, but purchased them separately at different times, so they might still be treated differently, at least for this type of thing. Anyway, who knows for sure....

Attachments

• 1586101596363.png
    1586101596363.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 33

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
I'm not an expert on all this myself at all, however I spotted that US itunes app has Fox as the studio for Part IV:
View attachment 1277862
with Lucasfilm as the studio for Parts V onwards:
View attachment 1277863
Disney now own both studios, but purchased them separately at different times, so they might still be treated differently, at least for this type of thing. Anyway, who knows for sure....
Cheers again bud - just when you think you’ve got this whole MA thing licked........:confused:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member

20th Century Fox financed A New Hope and was granted permanent distribution rights under a couple of conditions, Lucas not only requested a lower salary but also requested he would retain all merchandising rights and any rights to further sequels.
20th Century Fox jumped at the offer as nobody believed the movie would make any money.
Although they did have distribution rights for the sequels they never owned the movies and those rights came to end sometime towards the end of last year/beginning of this year and now remain fully under Lucasfilm.
Even though Disney now own 20th Century Fox the movies under that label will remain under that label all the while Disney keep it a separate entity.

Last edited:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Fandango to Purchase Vudu
Published 04/19/2020 09:21 PM
Updated 04/20/2020 10:57 AM
1. Was Vudu purchased by Fandango? What does this mean for me?
Vudu has entered an agreement to be purchased by Fandango, the ultimate digital network for all things movies & TV. Vudu will continue to deliver an amazing experience; and we promise that the future will bring new exciting features, offerings, and other benefits. All your movies & TV shows will be safe on Vudu. You’ll continue to have access to them as always, across millions of devices.
2. Is Vudu shutting down?
No, we are not shutting down the Vudu service. Your movie and TV library on Vudu is safe. You will continue to have access to it as always.
3. Are my movies & TV library collections safe?
Yes. All the movies and TV shows you own on Vudu will still be there. You will continue to have access to them as always.
4. Can I still redeem digital copies on Vudu?
Yes, as always, you can redeem your digital copies at Vudu. InstaWatch auto redemptions at Walmart will continue to be supported.
5. Are my promotions codes, and offers still valid?
Yes, all your promotions codes and offers are still valid. Please follow the listed instructions to redeem them.
6. I signed up using my Walmart.com account. Will it still work?
Yes, you can continue using your Walmart.com account credentials to sign in to the Vudu service. In the months ahead, we will explore ways to bring great online entertainment experiences to our users.
7. I use Vudu on my Roku. Will that change?
Rest assured, nothing about your experience on any Vudu apps across devices will be different.
8. Vudu offers me new release movies before they are available on subscription services. Will that change?
Nothing about how and when we offer new releases or catalog titles will change. You will have the same great assortment anytime, anywhere.
9. Do you plan to keep both online video services brands – FandangoNow and Vudu – or combine them into one?
Our priority is to ensure that Vudu customers and partners are given the highest level of service during this time of transition. So, there will be no immediate changes to either service. In the months ahead, we will explore ways to bring great online entertainment experiences to our valued customers.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
:), morning yall...does anyone fancy setting me up a MA account? I've tried with Nord, but can't get past the sign up screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Bluesound unveils new generation of Node and Powernode audio players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim launches Uniti Atom Headphone Edition