iTunes/Vudu/GooglePlay/MA Code Redemption & Playback FAQ + Q&A Thread (Please read OP as questions may already be answered)

I recommend the Windscribe Chrome extension.
EDIT ... Although, it might only be the app for use with your tablet ...
I use it then remove it and reinstall when needed. Worked (set to USA) for MA, also for VUDU and FandangoNOW (the latter quite recently when syncing library along with Microsoft Movies & TV to get those free films, having originally synced VUDU, Amazon and Google).

Thanks Krish. Installed Windscribe as suggested, had to set region to USA East (others wouldn't work), created MA account and linked VUDU and Google Play, checked Google Play and most of the VUDU movies are now available. Brilliant, thanks.

General question about digital codes in the UK, do people still redeem UV codes? If so, how do they watch them back?

General question about digital codes in the UK, do people still redeem UV codes? If so, how do they watch them back?
For specifically the UK you can watch back via the Flixster app on Android, iOS, Desktop browser and Chromecast.

For specifically the UK you can watch back via the Flixster app on Android, iOS, Desktop browser and Chromecast.

Ah right, just wondered if people still redeemed them. For the very few codes i have lying around, i'll add the flixter app to my atv.

Yep still redeem them. And since syncing libraries on MA, I can watch them back via YouTube, Google Play or Flixster Video - on devices or cast to TV

Ah right, just wondered if people still redeemed them. For the very few codes i have lying around, i'll add the flixter app to my atv.
There is no ATV app, the only devices are what I listed above.

There is no ATV app, the only devices are what I listed above.
It's a pain, no app on the Shield either, not even sideloaded. I have loads of James Bond films that I have to watch via Flixter (Chromecast) it would've been better if they filtered down to youtube

So whats the easiest way to watch them on either an atv or firestick?

It's a pain, no app on the Shield either, not even sideloaded. I have loads of James Bond films that I have to watch via Flixter (Chromecast) it would've been better if they filtered down to youtube
You used to be able to view Ultraviolet via Rakuten and Talk Talk but even then due to licensing issues they never had all movies available.
The only other service they’re available from is Kaleidoscape but that’s really expensive.
I guess a Chromecast isn’t that expensive but yeah a pain there’s no such app available on ATV.
If MoviesAnywhere came to the UK that might resolve things but that’s not looking very likely any time soon.

Only way via an ATV is via Airplay from an iOS device or going the Movies Anywhere route via the US which doesn’t cover all distributors.
Other than that a Chromecast seems the only other option.

Ah right. MoviesAnywhere would solve so many issues.

Only way via an ATV is via Airplay from an iOS device or going the Movies Anywhere route via the US which doesn’t cover all distributors.
Other than that a Chromecast seems the only other option.

So I could airplay the movie from which app?

You've read post #1 as per thread title, right? ;)
Ah yes lol
How can I playback Flixster Video/UV content on my TV?
Sadly Flixster lacks smart TV apps and TalkTalk TV (Formerly Blinkbox) no longer supports UV. This makes playing content on your TV more of a challenge. In order to playback Flixster on a TV you require a device such as a Google Chromecast. You may then cast the content from the Flixster website or mobile app to the Chromecast connected to your TV.
If your an TV user and also use an iOS device you can Airplay using the Flixster Video app.

Just register at MA via VPN, as shown in earlier posts, and sync libraries. All on Google Play will also be on YouTube. Casting to TV usually only requires that it be smart and on the same Wi-Fi network as your device ... so TV could already be smart or have a Chromecast, Firestick or Now TV box.

My MA accounts' connected accounts:
(VUDU is linked to my UV library)
Screenshot_20181127-110545_Chrome.jpg

Current freebie offer:
Screenshot_20181127-110334_Chrome.jpg

My recent YouTube "purchases":
(top one a recent BD purchase with UV code, the next three from the above freebie offer)
Screenshot_20181127-111146_Chrome.jpg

Yes I'm all connected like that but, I think its a rights thing for james bond, only Spectre shows in YouTube.

Yes I'm all connected like that but, I think its a rights thing for james bond, only Spectre shows in YouTube.
I see. I just remembered I took the option that was given to redeem my Daniel Craig 007 BD boxset (all 4 to date) UV code as a Google Play purchase, so that's why I have them in my YouTube library, otherwise would have had that rights problem I guess.

As gonzo says it's MGM so not MA.
Also if it's showing in Youtube but not MA, I'm assuming you redeemed on Google Play rather than UV.

If redeeming anything on Google Play (even Warner/Universal/Disney), it won't 'flow' back to MA. ie UV/iTunes etc titles will 'flow to Google Play/Youtube, but titles redeemed on Google Play won't 'flow' back to MA/UV/iTunes.

Thanks I forgot what a ball ache all this was o_O But I glad to be back in the fold and ready for some 4k bargains over Christmas :clap:

We always seem to get the sh**ty end of the stick here in the UK. Only code redemption services here don’t have apps and although Some codes a redeemable through Google Play, the audio and image quality is rather poor. Disney don’t do redemption codes here either another slap in the face.

Hi guys

Please excuse the questions (no doubt they’ve been answered numerous times), but I do have a couple.

I have a good friend in the US who has opened up a US iTunes account for me and has lined my VUDU account to my Movies Anywhere account. That has bought over 86 of 115 movies that were in that account to the Apple TV, I can switch easily between the accounts on my Apple TV and watch the movies on the US account without the need for a VPN.

A lot of the movies that I have in my US account are available on iTunes in 4K, but they are saying that they are only in HD. Is that correct? Will they be upgraded to 4K?

Hi guys

Please excuse the questions (no doubt they’ve been answered numerous times), but I do have a couple.

I have a good friend in the US who has opened up a US iTunes account for me and has lined my VUDU account to my Movies Anywhere account. That has bought over 86 of 115 movies that were in that account to the Apple TV, I can switch easily between the accounts on my Apple TV and watch the movies on the US account without the need for a VPN.

A lot of the movies that I have in my US account are available on iTunes in 4K, but they are saying that they are only in HD. Is that correct? Will they be upgraded to 4K?
Only direct to iTunes HD purchases and redeems upgrade to 4K, anything you had ported over via MA that was HD will remain HD unless you redeem a specific 4K code to give you the UHD rights in your MyUV library.
If you look at transaction history in MA it will tell you what’s allocated to each title, it will also show you in your MyUV library too.

Only direct to iTunes HD purchases and redeems upgrade to 4K, anything you had ported over that was HD will remain HD unless you redeem a specific 4K code to give you the UHD rights in your MyUV library.

Awesome thank you

Forgive me if this is already common knowledge. I bought Warcraft US iTunes code, of course it played in 4K HDR on iTunes TV 4K but, it also plays in 4K HDR on Google Play and Youtube apps on my LG TV. A few of my films do this too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom