iTunes re-install help

Sulley75

Hi,

I am currently having some issues with iTunes not remembering the location of the library. I have tried many "fixes" but they dont work.

I want to re-install itunes (only have a few albums on there so its no biggie) but my fear is that it wont remember my devices (iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone).

So will the re - install be ok and will it remember my account and app store credit and devices?

Thanks in advance!

next010

Distinguished Member
The backups of your purchases & iOS device backups are all stored within the iTunes library folder these dont get touched by and uninstall of iTunes and your Apple ID holds all the other data relating to credit and so forth.

When you uninstall iTunes and re-install it will probably be no different at all, to be safe though go into the store menu and de-authorize this computer first before uninstalling then re-install and authorize again.

If it doesnt solve your problem then good luck, iTunes is a tricky beast to troubleshoot, a clean uninstall would involve starting from scratch though you could manually import all your music/videos into itunes again and re-download all apps from your purchase history in iTunes, if you have playlists too you will want to export those.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom