1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes question

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by FaxFan2002, Sep 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I have a itunes installation where several (hundred) tracks are missing, you can't tell this until you come to play them. This is all basically due a crashed HDD and what would appear to be a duff itunes index.

How do I go about getting itunes to see an accurate picture of all the music I have?

I thought of deleting the itunes directory (the music is located in a different disk area) and reinstalling itunes and getting it to scan of music - anyone dones this? any problems?

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Well.... you can delete the iTunes library completely (without removing the tracks of course) and drag your music folder into iTunes again. Make sure 'organise music' and 'copy tracks' is not ticked in the advanced settings beofre you do that.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,183
    If you move/remove/rename "iTunes 4 Music Library.itl" and "iTunes Music Library.xml" in "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes" then iTunes will start up blank again.
    Then use add folders to put back your music library.
    If it goes wrong you can always go back to the previous itl and XML files.