iTunes question

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
As a new iPhone user I'm slowing getting through the various niggles from switching from Android, but I've just noticed an issue with iTunes which I'm hoping is easily sorted.
My PC is connected to my amp, and also to ceiling speakers in various rooms. However, when listening to iTunes it will only play through the amp. When I switch to ceiling speakers nothing passes though. Spotify works as it should, sending the music to which speaker input I select.

Am I missing something with iTunes. Why won't it do the same?

I'm not sure I completely understand the situation, but if it's a case of the "Music" app on your iphone (it's not called itunes anymore) and conectivity via bluetooth, then go to settings> bluetooth> check that your speakers or device has been found, otherwise search for them and connect. Hope that's what you're asking about.

No, what I'm trying to do is listen to my iTunes library via my PC.
I have 2 different speaker inputs on my PC, 1 input goes to my amp connected to speakers in my office and this works fine.
The other input is connected to ceiling speakers around the house. When I switch to this input, iTunes doesn't switch. Oddly it continues splaying through the speakers in the office even though the other input has been selected.

Other music sources I use such as Spotify, Foobar, YouTube, internet radio etc all work as they should (input 1 turns off, input 2 plays and vice versa), but iTunes won't.

Ok, sorry, I don't think I can be of much use to you other than to suggest you phone an apple store and ask to speak to Technical Support. They've helped me out concerning many problems over the years. Never cost me a penny and always helpful. Best of luck.

I have 2 different speaker outputs on my PC, 1 output goes to my amp connected to speakers in my office and this works fine.
The other output is connected to ceiling speakers around the house. When I switch to this output, iTunes doesn't switch. Oddly it continues splaying through the speakers in the office even though the other output has been selected.

Other music sources I use such as Spotify, Foobar, YouTube, internet radio etc all work as they should (output 1 turns off, output 2 plays and vice versa), but iTunes won't.
Sounds like itunes locks to local listening only, maybe for copyright reasons.

What if you swap the cables over, so output 2 goes to the local amp and output 1 goes to the ceiling speakers?

Sounds like itunes locks to local listening only, maybe for copyright reasons.

What if you swap the cables over, so output 2 goes to the local amp and output 1 goes to the ceiling speakers?
That's what it seems like. I was hoping there was something in Settings that I could adjust.

Swapping inputs means getting behind my desk and disturbing loads of spiders without any real gain so I'll just stick with my current sources and not use iTunes. My iTunes library is a mirror image of my Foobar library and only contains my own ripped cd's.

was hoping there was something in Settings that I could adjust.
There might be, in 'soundcard' or 'audio mixer' settings which you can access possibly by clicking a dropdown arrow in the volume control (opened with the speaker icon near the clock on the taskbar).

There might be, in 'soundcard' or 'audio mixer' settings which you can access possibly by clicking a dropdown arrow in the volume control (opened with the speaker icon near the clock on the taskbar).
Looks like it's something in the security settings and Special Permissions which I can't work out how to enable. Not to worry, just a pity it doesn't just work.
I often leave my office listening to a song or podcast and then switch over to the speakers in another room to continue listening. First world problem I know, but an annoyance all the same.

I don't know if the PC version is much different to the mac version, but are you clicking on the button arrowed...
Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09.34.15.png

Which brings up the destinations for my music...
Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09.39.24.png

Sorry, I've realised the icon I highlighted is for Airplay2, which is only on Apple computers and supported by a few manufacturers' AV units.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom