iTunes purchases after a split.

Dazo

Novice Member
My ex and I shared my Apple ID across our devices. Obviously I now want to put a stop to her accessing my apple account and making purchases but I am wandering what happens to existing purchases on her devices ?

Happy enough for to keep existing purchases but she creates a new Apple ID will she be able to keep them ?

Thanks for any help.

hutch

Distinguished Member
No sorry you can't split them, even the upcoming family sharing feature won't suit you as both accounts need to use the same credit card

Dazo

Novice Member
As I suspected to be honest. I assume she can leave existing apps on her phone/iPad but she won't be able to update them ?

hutch

Distinguished Member
Yes correct, it will probably keep prompting her for your new password all the time though as they auto update

blue max

Distinguished Member
Surely this is really trivial in the great scheme of a things. Splitting the house, pensions and belongings surely puts this in the shade.
Just give it her and ask her to change the password and put her credit card on it. Then get yourself another and move on.

Dazo

Novice Member
Surely this is really trivial in the great scheme of a things. Splitting the house, pensions and belongings surely puts this in the shade.
Just give it her and ask her to change the password and put her credit card on it. Then get yourself another and move on.

It's my email address that's being used so that really isn't an option. Whether it is trivial or not really doesn't matter as it still needs to be sorted.

surfymark

I really think it would be good if you could gift your iTunes app to a different account. This would open things up for people to trade apps.

I guess Apple don't want that though. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to do technically?

M

RuddyRoad

Why should he, and what's it got to do with you? He was asking a question that was answered - no need to start passing judgement on the situation.

blue max

Distinguished Member
Why should he, and what's it got to do with you? He was asking a question that was answered - no need to start passing judgement on the situation.
What's it got to do with me? He posted on a forum, so asked for anyone's opinion.

I wasn't passing judgement, I was making a suggestion based on an experience of my brother.

The only person passing judgement was you to my post.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom